Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was needing oil filters and saw that oem oil filters on Rock Auto are on closeout for $2.79, so I picked up 10 for an average of $3.49 with shipping.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hopefully the car will stay running to use that many. :grin2:

Good prices.

Out of curiosity you know how FRAM for example have filters that are specific for dino oil or synthetic. Which one did you get.

Thinking out loud---Is there really a difference anyway or is an oil filter an oil filter?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully the car will stay running to use that many. :grin2:

Good prices.

Out of curiosity you know how FRAM for example have filters that are specific for dino oil or synthetic. Which one did you get.

Thinking out loud---Is there really a difference anyway or is an oil filter an oil filter?
Seeing how I only change oil once a year now(with Mobil 1EP), the car would have to last to 25 years old! Here's to being an optimist. I once used an aftermarket oil filter(new) I picked up at a pick/pull for a $1, and it caused the start up knock that Hyundai warns about. Since then I've always gone to oem. I must confess in my cars earlier years I just used ordinary Frams with what seems like no ill effect. My car has 181k miles and still runs quite well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts