Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Sonata SE without a nav/backup camera. Can i get these both installed in my car from the deAler?

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
It would be cost prohibitive since your car did not come with those items already installed. The wiring harness and other components are not there so it is not just a matter of taking out the old radio and installing a new. It would be much cheaper to go after market.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What radio would you recommend? I would like to keep all my steering wheel controls and be able to put my vehicle in reverse to activate my back up camera

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
What radio would you recommend? I would like to keep all my steering wheel controls and be able to put my vehicle in reverse to activate my back up camera
most of the radios nowdays have all that. i recently installed a pioneer avic-8200nex, it has nav, apple carplay and android auto, backup camera(sold separately) AND another(front?) camera input. crutchfield sold the harness/faceplate, with steering wheel controls. the latest radios have wireless apple carplay and android auto. somewhat confusing on the radios, capacitive vs resistive, different nav systems(garmin, here, to name a couple), detachable screens, yada, yada. a good place to start is crutchfield. a good place to look for deals on a radio is slickdeals. i got the pioneer from a slickdeals link, 525/shipped.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does your camera come on when you go in reverse?
Any camera can come on when you put the car in reverse it just depends on how it is wired. Most will wire the camera to the reverse lights so when you put the car in reverse it powers the camera.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Does your camera come on when you go in reverse?
you need to check out crutchfield. they have the wiring harness you will need, it will address all of your concerns. our cars have a factory backup camera, so all i needed to do was tap(connect) the input for the camera, and connect the camera output, done in seconds with the crutchfield harness. it the car did not come with a camera, one of the pioneer kits includes it, with all the wiring/connectors needed. the camera can even be accessed if not in reverse, to view.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You cannot. The wire hardness looks the same, but the schematic is drastically different. Plus depending on the rest of your setup, digital amp/no digital amp, etc. There are too many complications IMO opinion to retrofit this. Consider yourself lucky though, because there are so many solutions for your car as a result.

You can buy a backup camera and then purchase whatever head unit you want, including those Tesla style large screen Android devices. You will most likely need a few adapters to keep steering wheel controls and conversation for your CAN BUS if you have a digital adapter, but nothing too crazy.

I'd recommend the PAC adapter for the DAC.

·
Registered
177 Posts
not worth it, my wife has the NAV and is horrible go aftermarket you will be glad you did, I have an Android 4.4 on mine other than a lack of storage for apps is the best thing Ever I will be updating it to an android 7.1 or 8.0 and the camera on the OEM is not that great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts