Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas!

I have a question and hope you can help me...
I am about to upgrade the factory stereo of my Accent to a Pioneer HU and I will like to keep the OEM microphone capability for phone calls with the Pioneer stereo, is that possible?

The microphone is similar to the one shown on the picture.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response!

Is this one...

Do you know where can I get the stereo wiring diagram for an Hyundai Accent 2013; I checked on google with no luck.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same challenge here: I'm actually planning to BUY one of those microphone assemblies and want to know if it's voltage compatible with aftermarket decks that use more standard, 3.5mm jack type mics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just connected my OEM microphone to a Chinese headset. Works perfectly. As a advice, if there is voltage coming out of 3.5mm plug its most likely suitable for OEM microphone, all you need to do is soldering the 3.5mm plug to the harness. When soldering please test polarity i.e. that the wires are correct way round - wrong way round the mic wil not work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI, I did this install and it works well.

Full story: Flush mount microphone redux

I had initially put the element from the mic that came with the stereo into the OEM bezel; don't bother: the OEM mic is voltage compatible with aftermarket stereos and, in fact, works better than the ones included with them. (better noise isolation) I put the stock element back in and it worked well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here. Planning to keep my oem mic. I have a accent 2013 SE. I check the wiring diagram. It says mic + bluetooth and mic - bluetooth. So my question is the mic on accent is connected to a bluetooth???? That way i cannot connect the oem mic to a aftermarket stereo?
Btw sorry i’m not very fluent in english. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts