Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet I got your attention if you have an OEM GPS in your Hyundai. I'm posting this because I want all the computer geeks and hackers that are out there hacking Iphones and Ipads to perhaps start doing the same for the GPS's. I'm so frustrated with this thing. I've spent over $1000 for the **** thing when I bought my Sonata thinking It'll be awesome then I find out it doesn't do anything! I hate going aftermarket because I live in a city where it would be stolen due to car break-ins(there was a high speed chase today just because of this in my city). So why doesn't someone just hack the **** thing like you do the Iphones, Jailbreak it to where I can load apps, connect it to the internet via cellphone, add input to have backup camera etc. I know it can be done. PLEASE SOMEONE!

·
Registered
54 Posts
NAV/Entertaimnet annoys the SHIP out of me.

I know this is an old post, but Hyundai still seems at smart as a brick and does not listen to complaints.

My complaints
A. The dash and the Nav unit are too bright and require constant modifications to limit distraction. They do not dim enough for highway and country driving.

B. The 9 year old who programmed the system must have got together with his friends over a pint to see how many times they can force the Nav Disclaimer on its customers even if they don't care to access any Nav functions.

Eg. Turn off the radio main switch for quiet time .(hey, they must want the Nav so force the disclaimer).
Eg#2 Hit display to try and adjust the brightness. Hey, they must want to use the Nav so force the disclaimer).
Eg#3 Not sure about this one, but when i go for a short drive and turn the car off an on, it immediately forces the disclaimer when i restart the car.

I will not buy another Hyundai. They don't listen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts