Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody purchase and have the dealership install the OEM Driving/Fog lights on their GLS?
If so, what was the charge. I called the dealership and the parts lady said..."Oh no, you can't do that it would cost you thousands of dollars." Hopefully she was a new employee.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I would not be surprised with that -

my dealer wants $195 to install the mud guards (12 screws)!

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (jhart @ Jul 23 2010, 09:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344114
Anybody purchase and have the dealership install the OEM Driving/Fog lights on their GLS?
If so, what was the charge. I called the dealership and the parts lady said..."Oh no, you can't do that it would cost you thousands of dollars." Hopefully she was a new employee.
Im sure its not "thousands of dollars" but its probably more than youd think because in order to install the OEM foglights, they need to install the internal switch for the foglights. I did this on my old Altima and I had to replace the entire turn signal stalk because that was how the OEM foglights turned on and off. It wasnt incredibly hard, but I could see a dealer asking for a couple hundred dollars worth of labor to install them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There's just no way that can be right. I think I read on the fourm somewhere that someone had purchased a set from their dealer for around $200.00. The only problem being was that they could not hook them up excatly like the factory ones (to turn them on and off) as the switch on the headlamp/turn indicator stalk does not rotate for the foglamps. They were going to have to install a seperate toggle or rocker switch to activate them unlike the factory switch. You might want to do a forum search :whistling:

·
Registered
854 Posts
If you put a switch to them and do it yourself it won't cost much at all maybe 200 bucks. If you want them to work like the factory models, that takes a whole lot of labor and other misc parts and that is what is costing "1000's".

They don't call them stealerships for nothing.

Educate yourself and do it yourself, it's not hard, just time consuming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts