Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

First post - so please be kind. I just picked up a Santa Fe Ltd. w/Nav but w/o bluetooth. The dealer told me they could install bluetooth anyway, and would as part of the purchase deal.

The service dept. says the OEM bluetooth won't work with the nav. system. I think the OEM part is this one, which looks to be the same as in the Vera Cruz. They recommend I go with an aftermarket Parrot 3100.

I called the Hyundai Accessory Store, and they say that the bluetooth unit they have should work fine and has nothing to do with the nav system.

So is the service guy lying to me or is it really not compatible?

Would going with the Parrot version be better than the OEM one? I had my heart kinda set on the OEM one because I like the look of it (though I hate the location), and I'm concerned that the Parrot one will stick out from the center console.

TIA!! Other than this stuff, I'm lovin' my new car!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what the Hyundai accessory guy told me, but the service guy told me that it isn't compatible. Can you point me in the direction of where I can find documentation showing that it IS compatible?

BTW, my sunglasses just got stuck in that stupid sunglass holder. :p

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (Raivyn @ Jun 14 2010, 06:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333027
That's what the Hyundai accessory guy told me, but the service guy told me that it isn't compatible. Can you point me in the direction of where I can find documentation showing that it IS compatible?

BTW, my sunglasses just got stuck in that stupid sunglass holder. :p
Other than the fact that you could order both the Nav system and the Bluetooth system as options on the same vehicle? I opted NOT to have the Nav system for a variety of reasons, but the two '08s that I looked at that did have Nav also had the overhead BT system installed. It's an independent kit that some dealers ordered up and installed to up the options price a bit, too. Not that tough a retrofit, and there are instructions on the hmaservice site somewhere for the installation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I found the manufacturer (BlueConnect) and will contact them tomorrow to find out what they know about compatibility, but I think you're right from what I've seen on the net - its a standalone unit that doesn't connect to the nav system at all. It looks like the same system the Veracruz model has (from what I remember), so I'll look at that, too, and call the service guy back tomorrow. They said I could have a Parrot model installed, and while it may be a better unit, I hate the way it looks and would rather lose that annoying sunglass holder that ate my sunglasses tonight.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
If you go with the Hyundai version, my memory is yelling at me that there are two different versions due to wiring - one if you have the sun roof, one if you don't. Be sure you've got the right one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip - I'll make sure I get the right one.

Went by to check out the Parrot bluetooth they'd like me to get instead. I don't like the microphone and couldn't find a place to put the actual unit that I would be happy with, but I was checking out the Rosen nav units that are made to look OEM. Might work instead, and I could have a rearview camera and ipod connectivity, and hopefully be able to sell my current nav unit on eBay.

From what I've seen, though, they only work with GLS and SE models, and not the Ltd model that I have. It's like the universe is conspiring against me. :( I'll have to do more research.

Thanks again for the tip!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts