Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Dasaita headunit arrived, got it installed at my favorite audio dealer and it WORKS!!!! My only issue so far is the OEM backup cam. It won't work. Installed a step down converter. Nothing. Installer sent me these pictures so hopefully one of you guys knows which pin is which. He told me that Hyundai's and Kia's are utterly very confusing out of any other brand as Toyota's are just a plug and play. I was a victim of that 50/50 chance. If any of you know which goes to which please let me know. I may have to go aftermarket. Also when I go into reverse, the headunit screen goes black then the triangle appears. But it don't appear quick. So im thinking it works but the video signal isnt.
IMG_8198.jpg
IMG_8199.jpg
IMG_8200.jpg

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Use to be a Din 1or a Din 2 standard in automotive radios. But new vehicle manufacturers apparently didn't like the competition of of the shelve radios so practically all are custom made now. Even made their radios thief proof so can't fire them up on your bench anymore. For all practical purposes couldn't repair one anyway with custom made integrated circuits. Even small orders of a thousand quantity, semi conductor manufacturers will switch some pin numbers and print your stock number on it, so no replacements are available.

Getting old and tired, could spend a full weekend modifying an auto system and many $$$$$. Just make sure I am happy with the radio that comes with the car. Sure getting spoiled with a back up camera, even beeps if an object or person is not in view.

Have book around here someplace with all the car radio circuit diagrams from the 40's through the 60's, but this is history, today's radios are strictly throwaway.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Not trying to point fingers here, but shouldn’t the installer ensure everything is working as expected?

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not trying to point fingers here, but shouldn’t the installer ensure everything is working as expected?
Yeah. But, I can also see why he wasn't a fan of modern hyundai and kia vehicles. Not to mention there's nothing hardly available for it. (My 32 pin connector harness).

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Here is the OEM rear camera circuit but only applies to using an OEM radio in terms of pin numbers.

This is only The video portion, the radar section is someplace else in the shop manual. takes me awhile to find it with over 5000 pages and no index.

Sure got a lot of goodies for only a thousand bucks extra, that heated powered lumbar seat alone was worth that much for this old back.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you figure this out? I have an aftermarket radio and can't get signal from factory camera. It's not a power issue am using a stepdown to 6v for power.
Yep. For me, the wires inside the vehicle for the headunit was reversed when it came to the backup camera input. The step down converter works perfectly fine. Just swapping the wires made it work.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra SE
303 Posts
Yep. For me, the wires inside the vehicle for the head unit was reversed when it came to the backup camera input. The step down converter works perfectly fine. Just swapping the wires made it work.
I have the pinout and I'm sure the wires are not reversed. I believe the problem is that the camera does not see the vehicle is in reverse.. Plus the camera detect wire from OEM head unit appears to be a ground according to schematic. Camera detect is at lower right. This wire isn't connected at the moment.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra SE
303 Posts
S
Yep. For me, the wires inside the vehicle for the headunit was reversed when it came to the backup camera input. The step down converter works perfectly fine. Just swapping the wires made it work.
So now I figure out step down is bad, it only drops to 11.6. volts. Also have yet to locate reverse wire in the cabin. At 82 pin block at drivers kick panel it is a pulse signal. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
S

So now I figure out step down is bad, it only drops to 11.6. volts. Also have yet to locate reverse wire in the cabin. At 82 pin block at drivers kick panel it is a pulse signal. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.
That's the converter I'm using. Still works great.

It should be just 4 wires. Well, that's what my headunit had for the reverse camera. Connector C.

Capture+_2021-01-12-02-33-53.png

It's been awhile since I swapped a couple of wires. First thing you should do is get another converter first and see if that's just the only issue.
I will admit that it's not easy to figure this out.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I said something about how I said reverse wires I should have worded it differently. I meant to say that the wires that was cut and fused to an av input cord was connected the wrong way and all I did was swapped the wires and it worked. Like + and - being on the wrong wire. Sorry.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra SE
303 Posts
When I said something about how I said reverse wires I should have worded it differently. I meant to say that the wires that was cut and fused to an av input cord was connected the wrong way and all I did was swapped the wires and it worked. Like + and - being on the wrong wire. Sorry.
Problem is The wiring for the 7" screen in your diagram is not the same. The 2019 5" screen has a camera detect wire from the radio to a ground that is not present in the 7 ". Also my camera has all camera wires within connector A.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra SE
303 Posts
What did you do for reverse signal wire? I can't locate one inside the cabin on mine.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra SE
303 Posts
Got a new step down still no signal from camera. This has to do with the extra camera detection. At this I'm over it and returning the radio. About to trade off the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts