Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I want to do the foglight conversion but I definitely don't want to remove the bumper. I never even removed the bumper on my other car, a 1996! I'm afraid I'll break a tab and the bumper will never align correctly again.
You don't have to remove the bumper to add the fog lights on the RB

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do you have to open up the steering column to put in fog lights? I'd like to avoid that part if possible.
Yes for the OEM stalk with fog light switch.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You can have your low beams and fog lights on. You can just use the OEM switch.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It's so much cooler to have the fog lights come on without the low beams having to be on. I had done the re-wire mod on my old Honda Fit to have independent fogs:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Same here. I can just have my fog lights on by themselves if I wanted to.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, so there is no way to install fogs without taking the steering column apart, is that right? That's my main concern. Thanks!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ok, so there is no way to install fogs without taking the steering column apart, is that right? That's my main concern. Thanks!
If you want the OEM switch, you have to remove the steering wheel. You can get around that by installing an aftermarket switch:

·
Registered
626 Posts
So you can just put a toggle switch somewhere inconspicuous, etc, to avoid the hassle of removing the steering wheel?
Yup. I did that for a while because I bought my fog lights from a different person and their OEM switch did not work. In the end, I bought the harness and the modified OEM switch from sharkracing.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Just as an update to this, today I wired up the fog light indicator in the gauge cluster. I will work a DIY in early Oct, when I get back from my Montana road trip.

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just as an update to this, today I wired up the fog light indicator in the gauge cluster. I will work a DIY in early Oct, when I get back from my Montana road trip.

Bump ! Were you able to do this mod ?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
The mod is complete, I just have been too busy to get the diy done so far. Soon.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks... " will look forward to that. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I can't wait for this. I'm REALLY looking forward to this. You can see from my earlier post in this thread that I was asking about the fog light indicator. Thank you so much :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Sorry, every time I thing I have some time something pops up. I promise it will happen.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts