Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
ah, I cheated on that one and cut the tape, lol. Didn't have a razor blade around so I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and sharpened the **** out of it, worked great. Actually took longer to retape it than to undo the tape

·
Registered
626 Posts
Does the fog light icon light up when the fog lights are on?

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nope, the factory wiring isn't there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I need some help, when i was putting the airbag back one of the hex bolts that hold it in sheared and my airbag light is on and my horn no longer works, is there anything i can do without buying a new steering wheel?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I really don't know. I didn't even think you could shear them off. I would say, if you can get the airbag back out and maybe you can just replace the bolt?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The only problem with replacing the bolt, is there is a retainer that holds the star security screw in and i would have to find out how to remove the clip. I called around to some dealerships and they said it may be covered under warranty but they would have to take a look at it to be sure.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The only problem with replacing the bolt, is there is a retainer that holds the star security screw in and i would have to find out how to remove the clip. I called around to some dealerships and they said it may be covered under warranty but they would have to take a look at it to be sure.
Not to be a downer here, but I'll be amazed if they cover it since it was caused during modification of the stock setup. Don't get me wrong here tho, I really hope they do just so you don't get screwed:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
I hate to ask this but.....how did you manage to break that bolt? I'm about to install a set of fogs and just wanna know what to look out for.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I don't really understand how it could have sheared. The only way I can think of is if they really cranked it down as the factory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I honestly couldn't tell you how the bolt broke, the instructions.are spot on and everything works, except now my airbag light is.on and my horn doesn't work.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I honestly couldn't tell you how the bolt broke, the instructions.are spot on and everything works, except now my airbag light is.on and my horn doesn't work.
Well I don't think that the bolt would cause the air bag light to be on. Did you make sure all the wire connections are connected, especailly on the clock spring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
what an awesome thread you have going on here. I just bought an Accent and will be doing fog lights pretty soon (ordered them) I will be making my own harness and relay ,, my question is the 2 wires from the new switch, red and black, I understand, but is the black throwing a negative when engaged or positive?

Thanks man!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The way the kit is setup, the red wire coming from the switch is soldered to a fuse and the black line has a matching connector that mates up with the blue wire coming from the kits wiring harness. In all honesty, unless you are planing on doing some really fancy wiring job, the kits wiring harness is pretty nice and easy.

Red = power to the switch
Black = power from switch to the relay

·
Registered
626 Posts
I just want to make sure. I take the existing fuse out for the front fog lights and replace it with the new the fuse right? It seems to work. :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I cut off the fuse and tapped it into the Low beam wire runing into the multifunction switch. That way I can be legal here in PA.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I installed my fogs tonight and everything went well. They do look really nice !

A couple things of note

For himarsgunner my airbag bolts were in the VERY tight also. I dunno if they were just tight or if they had a bit of locktight on them. Could not tell as they do not come fully out but sit inside a sleeve in the steering wheel. If you can get the old bolt out im pretty sure you could find a replacement at a good hardware store.

Second, I took my bumper cover off entirely. Once you have the fasteners out that northey describes, all you need to do it take out four 10mm bolts and two clips on top the radiator support, and two clips underneath the bumper. This helped me alot to run the wires and install the lights because I could not fit my chubby hands otherwise.

Third you are correct about the wire harness being too short esp the driver side for light leg.

And last thank you for taking the time to post this DIY, it helped alot.

Pics coming soon.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thank you for the insight on the front bumper. I plan on replacing the stock horn and will have to take the front bumper off to get it done. Since there has been this great mystery around getting the bumper off I plan on doing writeup on it in the near future.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is it just me but I would rather just have a dedicated switch for the fog lights. Just like u were installing any other aftermarket lights. There's plenty of blank spots over by the ECO button.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I want to do the foglight conversion but I definitely don't want to remove the bumper. I never even removed the bumper on my other car, a 1996! I'm afraid I'll break a tab and the bumper will never align correctly again.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts