Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I within the last 200 miles changed all of my pads and rotors on my 03' Sonata. It had an issue with warped rotors (one rear one front) but that issue has since been taken care of.

However, since these changes were made I have developed a squeek which comes from the driver side rear area of the car. The noise is more pronounced when turning either left or right and then becomes hard and very intermittent when driving in a mostly straight line.

I have yet to take off the wheel and dig into the matter but I was hoping to get some advice for when I do, and to see what I should be looking for. I suspect it could be the dust guard which was inbetween the point where it stays on the car and I remove it (I removed the passangerside rear dust guard). Its also my opinion that it could be related to the e-brakes which were both in pretty rough shape to begin with (how will I know the shoe is riding the rotor when I look at it?). I suspect the e-brake may be riding on the inside of the rotor and that perhaps I will need to get the rotors turned on the inside.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have all the tools needed for jobs like this but unfortunantly I am still very new to the pool of home mechanics.

Thanks!
Justin T.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Pads stuck tightly in the mount brackets.. If you have aluminum wheels, look at the rotor faces, is the left side kinda black/blue color, and is the pads worn more than the other side ? You can see this looking at the pads/calipers, cannot see them if you have steel wheels.

Quite common in salt belt region for rust to affect stuff.

Do a search, lots of Sonata and Santa Fe with stuck pads on rear and noise

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Aug 13 2010, 07:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349098
Pads stuck tightly in the mount brackets.. If you have aluminum wheels, look at the rotor faces, is the left side kinda black/blue color, and is the pads worn more than the other side ? You can see this looking at the pads/calipers, cannot see them if you have steel wheels.

Quite common in salt belt region for rust to affect stuff.

Do a search, lots of Sonata and Santa Fe with stuck pads on rear and noise

I noticed a abnormal amount of brake dust bust I just assumed it was a result of cheaper pads and the fact that they are new pads.

Any suggestion on how to fix this issue and keep them from sticking?

Thanks for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts