Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I have a Hyundai Sonata 2006 v6 and I am trying to figure out what data is coming across on the Can Bus vs the K-line. Why am I asking this? I attached my odb scanner and its reporting that the protocol is KWP2000(fast init, 10.4k). From what I was reading is that the ODB2 data would come across on the K-line with this protocol. I think this is right?

I attached a microcontroller to the can-bus to read the data off the can-bus and it is reading something just not sure what data is coming across on the Can Bus. Does anyone know.

Now the question is if I can query the ECU over the CAN-bus or not and what is the ecu message id to request PID data. Guess this would be the same for the K-line as to what the receiver id is?

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok. Think I found part of the answer to my question finally in another post:
Starting in 2008 all vehicles sold in the US were required to use the CAN bus (ISO 15765-4). The previous years used the K-Line. That could be the issue...
So I guess that means if I want to query the ECU for things like RPM, Oil temp I would have to use K-line for that info.

On another site if found a list of can-id's but they are not for the sonata but for a BMW E46. Interesting enough two of the id's match what I am seeing on the bus:
OilTemp - 1349 , RPM - 790 (ref wiki.autosportlabs.com/CAN_Bus_database). Don't know if there is a similar list available for the 2006 ECU.

(Sorry can't attach links yet only a member for 2 days :))

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.