Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 60 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Good job and I can only speak for myself in saying that I am liking the car more and more now since the repairs, and I did expect some bumps in the road as a new design, just not as severe as they have been in the past. All seems to be fine for now, car shifting smoother, mileage improved, and most importantly I haven't had a shutdown since the repair. Thanks for being a part of the repair team that has got us back to enjoying our cars once again.
Vinny.
Vinny,

Better paste this over at Edmunds as it needs an update

2011 Sonata Hybrid Engine Shutdown - Car Forums - Edmunds

·
Banned
694 Posts
We wanted to get as much of our 12MY improvements into your 11MY cars and that is why there were so many campaigns TG5-TG9 just released.

Thanks!
Sounds like relatively few HPCUs have been replaced and Hyundai is counting on the latest software flashes to remedy the warning light and check charging issues.

Might I be correct in assuming that these replacement HPCUs are prototypes for the 2012 hybrids?

We experienced two check charging events one of which I compared to another member’s experiences.

The second one was very different from the first where the car continued to operate at a reduced speed for about a mile until my wife reached her destination.

Very similar to the video posted where the lights were flashing, the chimes were beeping while the car continued to be driven at 40mph for about a mile.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Campaign TG5 HEV Multi-ECU Update is the main fix for the charge warning issue and will provide better driving quality and MPG also. Ask dealer to look up open campaigns for your VIN and make sure they do TG5.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I am happy to hear people are finally enjoying your Hybrid!!

We have been working very hard to address all the early quality issues here in California

We wanted to get as much of our 12MY improvements into your 11MY cars and that is why there were so many campaigns TG5-TG9 just released.
Thanks!
Is TG9 available or did you mean to stop with TG8?

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
Is TG9 available or did you mean to stop with TG8?

TG8 is last recall called out.. No TG9 posted in the release section of my dealer login at HMASERVICE.com

If there is a TG9, be a toss to wether it shows up on dealer.com site first in the Service message section or in the DCS section of HMASERVICE (refer to previous pic posted)..

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got my october recalls done on Friday... Today my CEL turned on again for the third time... I thought this was the "fix" for the CEL.... I guess not.... I am disappointed....

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
Somebody approved inverter replacement.. DPSM is in the house today..

FIRE DRILL tomorrow, see it coming already..

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Service Rep check part availability for TSB

Somebody approved inverter replacement.. DPSM is in the house today..

FIRE DRILL tomorrow, see it coming already..
I tried to have my service rep check to see if the 2 new parts are in stock for those new TSB's. He said the only way to do it was to bring the car in first. Is this how Hyundai does business because I can see the part number on these TSB's. How hard would it be for him to check to see if they are in or to order the part and then give me a call when they come in. It's not that big of a deal as I am retired and they are only 7 miles away and it's the only time I get to drive my wife's car but I am thinking of some of those people where It's inconvenient.:(

·
Registered
441 Posts
I tried to have my service rep check to see if the 2 new parts are in stock for those new TSB's. He said the only way to do it was to bring the car in first. Is this how Hyundai does business because I can see the part number on these TSB's. How hard would it be for him to check to see if they are in or to order the part and then give me a call when they come in. It's not that big of a deal as I am retired and they are only 7 miles away and it's the only time I get to drive my wife's car but I am thinking of some of those people where It's inconvenient.:(

Which 2 parts are you referring to? The new valve and the resistor for the fan? I'm not sure what the inverter he is referring to and the fire drill. If it is for the tsb's then they need to check your valve for the yellow stripe to make sure you don't have the correct one. They have to replace the resistor no matter what. With all of the issues with the light they should try and help you out and can make sure they have the parts in stock before you come. You more than likely do not have the updated valve. You could notify hyundai and see if they can help you out before you go. I'm pretty sure the dealers are just tired of dealing with this car.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Which 2 parts are you referring to? The new valve and the resistor for the fan? car.
NVLD valve TG6 and Cooling Fan Resistor TG8. Maybe I will be able to find out what the fire drill is when they call up my VIN tomorrow.

As for contacting Hyundai they always refer me back to talk with the dealer.

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
Call your local Hyundai dealer parts dept and ask the part fella to check a couple numbers for you for stock,, you do have the part numbers..

This car I am dealing with, we had the resistor and NVLD in stock..

The inverter is getting replaced for a motor code, which wont allow me to calibrate the HSG Resolver after the Multi ECU Update.... remember, this car came in with the inverter code, and Hyundai claimed the program package would cure the woes.. NOPE.

Inverter should be here in the morning, and the FIRE DRILL will be to get the car done ASAP if the inverter repairs the motor code and allow calibration after the Updates if this unit is not already updated.. the car been sitting here almost 3 week now dead.

Fish, you need VIN run to verify Recalls ? I am getting ready to run out door to go home, so need to know right now, or it will be in the morning before I can get it done.

·
Registered
441 Posts
NVLD valve TG6 and Cooling Fan Resistor TG8. Maybe I will be able to find out what the fire drill is when they call up my VIN tomorrow.

As for contacting Hyundai they always refer me back to talk with the dealer.
You bought a premium hyundai. 5 years ago those words wouldn't go together. THEY SHOULD TAKE CARE OF YOU. How many times have you had issues with the car including the check engine light. Have you explored lemon law. Sometimes you have to be tough with them before they will take care of you. It shouldn't be like that but at some point you need to stand up for yourself. You bought a brand new car that was clearly released before all the issues were worked out. You could have bought a beamer or a mercades for the cost of a premium.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Call Parts Dept to reserve your parts

sbr711 tks for tip,

Called the parts dept and had him check to see if he had the parts. He had the resistor but the NVLD was on backorder. Later I got a call from him after he called around town he found one and said that he would have it at my dealer in the morning so I can get the complete October Makeover tomorrow.

TG6 NVLD Assembly 31480-4R100AQQH

TG8 Cooling Fan Resistor 25385-4R000QQH

:):)

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
On the TSB Campaign it tells the tech to look for the yellow stripe so he don't put a new old one back on.

The "-QQH" is a recall specific part.... it'll have yellow stripe on it.

They is to look and see if car already has a yellow stripe.. yes, move on.... No, install the recall replacement part.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Slow city driving 25-33 mph

sbr711 tks for tip,

Called the parts dept and had him check to see if he had the parts. He had the resistor but the NVLD was on backorder. Later I got a call from him after he called around town he found one and said that he would have it at my dealer in the morning so I can get the complete October Makeover tomorrow.

TG6 NVLD Assembly 31480-4R100AQQH

TG8 Cooling Fan Resistor 25385-4R000QQH

:):)
After the October Makeover reset the AVG MPG then

Took a flat 7 mile city road with stoplights about every 3-4 blocks home. Noticed it's quicker off the line in blue drive since the ICE is on for the first 5 minutes. After that I noticed that there is about a 3 second delay going to EV when you take your foot off the pedal but it stays on longer. Nice smooth ride home but we have never experience the jerking others have had.

Wish these high 40+ bars really equated to a more realistic AVG MPG

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi,
I've owned my Sonata since the 23rd of June. The build date is March 2011.
I've taken my car in four different times for the MIL/CEL. The last appointment, which was about a month ago, they changed the air flap system and fuel sensor. Since then the MIL/CEL has not come on again. However the car still stutters and jerks quite a but, especially in the morning. The other day, it was so bad, I thought it was going to quite on me. I sent my dealer an email yesterday and he said he didn't know of any recalls or updates. I wonder if I should call the Service dept and ask them or the hybrid mechanic. I'm still getting decent mpg right now its at 43.3.

41 - 60 of 177 Posts