Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I thought I would start a new thread for talking about the October recalls since they deal with more than the check charging issue.

Anyway got my car back last night. All 3 were done and the parts were replaced (my second NVLD now).

TG5: YF HEV Multi ECU Update (11-01-031)
TG6: YF HEV NVLD Inspect/Replace (11-01-032) Part # 31480-4R100-AQQH
TG8: YF HEV Cooling Fan Resistor Rpl (11-01-34) Part # 25385-4R000-QQH

Hard to say for sure yet what impact it made. I did fill up with gas and reset my average millage. Lately I have been getting about 33MPG according to the display. This morning going to work it indicated 37.2MPG. I'll see what it says after a few days and post later.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just got the same three updates done. Took them about 3 1/2 hours to accomplish it. I will post about what effect this has on mileage (if any) after my next tank.

I thought I would start a new thread for talking about the October recalls since they deal with more than the check charging issue.

Anyway got my car back last night. All 3 were done and the parts were replaced (my second NVLD now).

TG5: YF HEV Multi ECU Update (11-01-031)
TG6: YF HEV NVLD Inspect/Replace (11-01-032) Part # 31480-4R100-AQQH
TG8: YF HEV Cooling Fan Resistor Rpl (11-01-34) Part # 25385-4R000-QQH

Hard to say for sure yet what impact it made. I did fill up with gas and reset my average millage. Lately I have been getting about 33MPG according to the display. This morning going to work it indicated 37.2MPG. I'll see what it says after a few days and post later.

·
Registered
441 Posts
There is actually 4 recalls. Seems like most people are getting the computer update, the new nlvd, and the resistor for the cooling fan. There is also a battery cable terminal replacement. I think my falls out of the range of cars they are fixing the battery cable. I'm thinking the cable has nothing to do with the check charging system as most of those cars if not all were built in february and the battery cable is for cars built after april.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just picked up my car after the recalls. The resistor was changed and the computer update was done. The nlvd was inspected and it was the new updated one with the yellow stripe so it was not replaced. Limited first impression after driving the car home from the dealer. It was a cold start (outside temp at 63) and the car had been sitting for 5 or 6 hours and there was absolutely no stuttering or jerkiness. It really seemed like a new car with smooth shifts b/w ICE and the hybrid system. I was amazed. I reset the mpg calculator after the car had warmed up for a few miles and I had just got off the highway (usually get good highway mpg but city is up and down) and went on a 4-5 mile trip some of which was 45mph, some of which was 55 mph and the rest was residential neighborhood. the computer showed 65mpg!! it was a small test but the car would never show that high previously. Hope it stays like that.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My computer average since Wed. has been between 37 and 38. My previous high on a tank was just over 33.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've never been called in by my dealership for any recalls of any kind. I have bought the car in at least four times for the MIL/CEL coming on and getting it fixed. The last time I had an appointment was to have the Air flap system and a fuel sensor replaced. Since then and that was about a month ago, my mpg is between 43 and 45 mpg. I drive about 95% highway and 5% city, so I can't really give a good city % rating.
I have right right 4200 miles and will bring the car in for my first oil change at 5000 miles and switch to Mobile1 5w-20.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You need to change your handle here to WayneGerdesVA. Pretty impressive, to say the least. Figures my local dealers don't have many HSH's now that I'm ready to get one.

Computer is still showing better mpg than before but I'm not sure I trust it. Reset the mpg calculator and drove 17miles 90% highway with 3 adults and a baby and a full trunk. MPG was 53!! Avg speed was 54 mph. I think this new update probably changed the way the computer calculates mpg. The car does seem to drive better. We'll see with an actual mpg calculation if there is any difference.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm about a week out from the October fixes being done and have gone through a 1/2 tank (extra driving this week). Computer average MPG is reading 36.6. That is just over a 10% gain over my last two tanks. It also seems easier to get eco points now.

The car seems to shift better when warmed up. Before ever so often I would step on the peddle and the car would hesitate for a split second deciding what gear to be in.

I still get a couple harder (but not bad) shifts in the first 1/2 mile of driving in the morning, but I have not had the one big jerky shift I usually had during the first acceleration. Before I would always have this one big jerk of a shift at about the 2nd to 3rd gear transition that would only happen the first acceleration in the morning.

Seems like about any high tech electronic device is never quite right until a couple firmware updates come out. Looks like this car was no exception. It is nice that they have made such a noticeable improvement.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just called my service depatment. They said they haven't recieved the DVD for the latest updates yet. I'm so sick of going in there every 2 weeks for the CEL. I don't think they have a clue what updates are available at all.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When they do get the DVD, make sure they have the updated NVLD part before you go in so you don't need to make a separate trip. That part is probably what will take care of your CEL.

I just called my service depatment. They said they haven't recieved the DVD for the latest updates yet. I'm so sick of going in there every 2 weeks for the CEL. I don't think they have a clue what updates are available at all.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
DVD or GDS Website Update?

Does the tech do the software update with a dvd or is it done like Apple and get the update done by logging on to the GDS Website or is it both?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Today I had all 3 updates done and nitro' put in tires, it took about one hour and thirty min. I was not having any problems, but I thought they might prevent some problems down the road. Hopefully the mileage will improve some. I am getting 36 combined. I have seen 42.4 on one leg of 165 miles and 38.7 combined on the return trip with a lot of elevation changes (800ft to 5500 ft), not bad using cc at 75 mph most of the way.

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
I just called my service depatment. They said they haven't recieved the DVD for the latest updates yet. I don't think they have a clue what updates are available at all.
Your service person is full of S##T!!!!!!!!

There is no DVD.

In the last week we have had 2 GDS INTERNET UPDATES come down the line... Do they not keep GDS plugged into internet at times when GDS opened ??? It pings server when starting GDS mode and checks for auto updates, then ask if you want to update..

Wanna call them on it ?? Walk in and ask to casually see what thw GDS look like.. hopefully they have the screen showing GDS desktop.. if version at top ends with .18 and VCI at 1.92,,, they is up to date as of yesterday.

I have GDS installed to the PC at my work area, then run USB extension to the VCI to plug into car.. I get 3 stalls service this way.. no dead laptop to die in middle of program either..

Date 9/28/2011 8:18:49 AM
Subject GDS INTERNET UPDATE - VERSION 1.11.17

An internet update for your GDS unit is now available.

In order to update to version 1.11.17 your GDS unit requires the latest DVD, version 1.11.00, to be installed.

The GDS unit will search for internet updates automatically when ever the GDS program is started or the “Internet Update” button is pressed.

The GDS internet update will contain the following ECU update event:

· 242 YF HEV 11MY Driving Performance Improvement

GDS Notice Date 10/10/2011 12:52:36 PM

Subject GDS INTERNET UPDATE - VERSION 1.11.18

An internet update for your GDS unit is now available.

In order to update to version 1.11.18 your GDS unit requires the latest DVD, version 1.11.00, to be installed.

The GDS unit will search for internet updates automatically when ever the GDS program is started or the “Internet Update” button is pressed.

The GDS internet update will contain the following ECU update event:

· 238 RB P0191 DTC Logic Improvement

NOTE -- the 1.11.00 DVD was late last year install, they change our screens with it and added a bunch of junk before you could finally follow up with INTERNET UPDATE.. Dealer is SCAMMING you !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I take my hybrid in on Thursday for a couple of parts replacements and software updates. I'm looking forward to seeing what changed.

I'm also going to ask them about the squeeking sound from the rear of the car as well as noise coming from the air-conditioning compressor. It sounds noisy especially when the engine isn't running and its all you can hear. The sound definitely goes away when I turn the AC off.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts