Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Told you I would be watching...

After 5 days of ownership, I am starting to see little things that are different. Nothing that would have swayed my decision, but would be really nice to have. First, window tinting was a nightmare. Ford has these little black dots across the edge and top of the back window. Tint does not stick nicely too them and cutting the tint below them looks like junk. So, there is a lot of playing with the top of the back window to get it to look acceptable. It will never be perfect unless replaced with a different style of window. Second, I had a UV screen put on the windshield. When the tried to remove the rear view mirror, the windshield shattered (yay, 3 day old car with shattered windshield. Third, proximity sensor and push to start. Once you have it, it is a pain not to have it. Forth, MPGs do not reset at each fill up. I have to read up to see if there is a reset button to do it. I am getting 27MPG combined, but 150 of the first 200 miles were all city.

I am starting to see more Sonatas on the road. I would have definitely not been happy with the Limited. I think my Fusion mimics the SE in handling more closely. The Harbor Grey Metallic is one **** of a color. My Fusion has a Tuxedo Black Metallic that looks like a very dark grey. The metallic chips show off so much color: purple, blue, gold, white, silver. In the sun, it looks amazing. I think the HGM would have some similar characteristics. It was very cloudy the day I saw it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
As I said in the other thread, the push to start and homelink were really the deal killers for me on the Fusion. Push to start I've only had on 1 previous car, but homelink, I don't think I've had a car without that for over 20 year.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
From a former Fusion owner (2010 SE ironically), I concur with OP 100%. I myself had the Brilliant Silver, but Tux Black was my second favorite. The window tinting is the worst---make sure that your shop did a good job or it will be bubbling in about 2 weeks. You can put homelink in the car, but you will lose the SYNC system (microphone is in the mirror) but I have always hated Homelink b/c of programming difficulties.

To reset the MPGs, you have to toggle thru the trip computer till you get to the AVG MPG, then press and hold reset. Should clear it right out. Capless fuel filling is pretty tight but be really careful on how you put the nozzle in---if you dont put it in/take it out slowly it will not seal and you get the dummy light on and a trip to the stealership!!

Oh and be very very careful if you ever do the HID conversion. Its a royal PITA to get to the passenger side bulb. However, Fords use a rubber dust boot instead of the hard plastic ones on Hyundais. So you only need an Exacto knife to cut the hole.

Congrats on buying what I think is the Sonata's only real competitor at the moment. I hope you enjoy it!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Adogg9626 @ Jun 4 2010, 01:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329666
Congrats on buying what I think is the Sonata's only real competitor at the moment. I hope you enjoy it!!
I too think the Fusion and Sonata are the only 2 mid-size sedans in the market. The only other real competitor is the Accord only due to people wanting a Honda. I think if the Sonata had a better interior, I would have not spent so much time with the Fusion. The interior of the two in my opinion are vastly different on style and comfort. I keep thinking that it is the reason I spent more time with the Fusion at the dealers than the Sonata. The SE Sonata had a better ride.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If a ford buyer is smart he'll wait to get a milan this year. As you know ford is killing mercury this year so mercury will be getting major discount at the end of the year and milan will be a good buy since its fusion's identical twin.

·
1,914 Posts
Like I said before, tuxedo black is one of my favorite colors on any Ford. It even looks amazing on the trucks. I hate what Ford does with the windows, the put the door trim too far down and it covers up too much of the window. Just wait until you have to clean it.

Sounds like you really like the Fusion and you are getting great gas mileage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (BigRedNole @ Jun 5 2010, 06:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329912
I too think the Fusion and Sonata are the only 2 mid-size sedans in the market. The only other real competitor is the Accord only due to people wanting a Honda. I think if the Sonata had a better interior, I would have not spent so much time with the Fusion. The interior of the two in my opinion are vastly different on style and comfort. I keep thinking that it is the reason I spent more time with the Fusion at the dealers than the Sonata. The SE Sonata had a better ride.

Just curious. What model of Hyundai did you drive? We test drove the SE and Limited and for us the difference in interior quality between the two was pretty striking. The Limited interior was definitely more to our liking.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I test drove the SE. I did look at the Limited, but the interior itself is not as nice as the interior leather interior on my Fusion. Realize that this is completely subjective. What I like, see, and feel are completely different than what someone else would like. The interior on my Fusion is much more suited to my liking. It is kind of like I said that I would have gone the SE route I would have had a completely new leather interior designed and installed. I would have also had an aftermarket rear view camera installed. The combined total is still less than the cost from Hyundai: $750-$900 for interior and $600 for rear view camera and mirror. At the high end, it is $700 less to do this aftermarket. The Hyundai dealer was willing to add this into the price of the car so I could finance them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUOTE (dh431218 @ Jun 5 2010, 06:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329914
If a ford buyer is smart he'll wait to get a milan this year. As you know ford is killing mercury this year so mercury will be getting major discount at the end of the year and milan will be a good buy since its fusion's identical twin.
Too bad they don't offer it with the turbo v6 though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.