Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in the sunglasses holder. I have two and they fit nice up there. When the door comes down, it's in optimum position for good transmission for good range.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah, you can store all kinds of things up there including registration and proof of insurance card. That's a whole thread in and of itself. I'm surprised it stays closed with the weight of the remotes. You must be talking about the mini-remotes versus the garage door opener type. My SE has the Gentex mirror with the programmable garage door opener and that's one of the nicest features on the car. One less thing to store....never thought I'd care one way or the other.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I were to purchase a mirror with homelink, I'd be concerned that one or the other door operators wouldn't work with it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
If I were to purchase a mirror with homelink, I'd be concerned that one or the other door operators wouldn't work with it.
At first, I was just hacked off that I had to pay $250.00 for a mirror with the car...kind of like the $35 iPod cable that's thrown in. I have the simpler Gentex mirror with just the garage opener and compass readout. It was simple to program and has worked flawlessly. Don't know about multiple doors/remotes. I think the Homelink mirrors with the full features and monthly service allows you to program multiple remotes.

·
Registered
660 Posts
$25 diy

I bought a used homelink controller from a BMW on eBay and installed it myself. Total cost, $25 and it also opens 3 doors flawlessly. But you have to be brave to cut into your headliner.

Fashion accessory Wood

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Luxury vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At first, I was just hacked off that I had to pay $250.00 for a mirror with the car...kind of like the $35 iPod cable that's thrown in. I have the simpler Gentex mirror with just the garage opener and compass readout. It was simple to program and has worked flawlessly. Don't know about multiple doors/remotes. I think the Homelink mirrors with the full features and monthly service allows you to program multiple remotes.
Yeah, I have a Gentex mirror on the way that does outside temp and compass. I couldn't see spending, what, another 100 bucks for homelink too. Plus, I've got a gate and 3 garage doors and the gate and garage doors use different generation technology (I know since I bought replacement remotes).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts