Hyundai Forums banner

OBD2 turbo psi?

10K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  forgeinaz 
#1 ·
Can I read the Turbo's boost level via the OBD2 port on a 2015 Sonata 2.0t?

#5 ·
Well the blue tooth was only 12.95 from Amazon. So no big loss if it turns out to be a waste. There is a local Cert BMW shop here with dyno and all the toys a mechanic would ever want. They Said they'd charge me 89.99 to do a full diagnostic, compression test, ect and if there is anything wrong from the intake to the exhaust. they'd find it.

#9 ·
How did you get the readout? Which gauge did you use, do you have the Hyundai additional plugin?

I got mine setup and using the Turbo boost pid from the Hyundai plugin and it reads 11.7-27psi chich i Know is wrong, but I can't get it to read a 0 when engine isn't running.

#11 ·
Thanks. I realized i was using the Hyundai plugin turbo Boost gauge which seems to not account for barometric pressure...odd. Put in the Vacuum/Boost gauge and had to adjust -.03 to get to 0 with engine off.

#14 ·
I used the adjustment in the Vehicle profile. It says to adjust for some Mitsubishi, but I put in -.03 instead of 0 or -14.7 and it worked just fine. Now it reads what I consider to be realistic boost for a stock 2.0T in Phoenix, AZ. So, normal driving its only getting up to 12psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.