Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 54 plate Tuscan 2.0 petrol and it has the air bag light on (we think due to a voltage code as battery went dead flat) garage have put their code reader on it but it won’t communicate so they have told me to check fuze but I don’t know which fuze it is as we don’t have a manual.

Any help would be great :)

Matt

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
It'll be the A/BAG fuse on the dashboard fusebox. Just take a look at the label on the inside of the fusebox cover.

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
The tool not communicating with the SRS module isn't likely to have anything to do with the OBD fuse, but the OBD port is powered by the same FUSE as the interior/dome light. If the interior light is working the OBD fuse must be OK.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hi I have a 54 plate Tuscan 2.0 petrol and it has the air bag light on (we think due to a voltage code as battery went dead flat) garage have put their code reader on it but it won’t communicate so they have told me to check fuze but I don’t know which fuze it is as we don’t have a manual.

Any help would be great :)

Matt
Your mechanic doesn't have the info for the DLC?
You need a new mechanic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s not connecting with the eml either so the obd2 port is completely not responding, what’s the likely cause? The fuze? I will check the interior light in morning.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Fuse 22 , 10 amp. pin 9 on the OBD2 should have 12V

feeds Room lamp, A/c control module, digital clock, ETAC memory, key remind switch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi again, managed to get the daily code read now (obd2 port fuze was missing)

It’s b1 329 front impact sensor - driver communication error

Any ideas? All though the day today the light has been off at point then back on if that helps

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
It could be a sensor fault or a fault in the wiring between the sensor and the airbag control module.

There are two impact sensors at the front of the car. What you could try is swap the two sensors over, erase the trouble code, then check to see if you get a trouble code pointing to the passenger side sensor. If you do you know the wiring is OK and it's the sensor itself that has failed. If you still get the same code as before you know it's more likely a wiring fault.

It's always a good idea to disconnect the car battery when working on the airbag system. And make sure you bolt the sensors to the car body when swapping them. Don't leave them dangling by the wiring. If the sensor is loose vibration of driving the car could deploy the airbags.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome stuff I will get on with that after tea.

I just sat in the car watching the airbag light and it will stay on for say 5 mins then it will go off for 30 seconds then back on.

Just run the codes again after cleaning the connections on the sensor and it’s now saying same sensor but short to ground fault?

Do you know where the ground is so I can clean it or would it be a break in the wire?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Appreciate the messages so much. Where would the module be?

Also am I imagining it that when I fiddled about under drives seat it made a difference to the light?

Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi just to let you know the outcome if it helps anyone in the future.

Absolutely great advice to swap the sensors around as it turned out to be a faulty sensor.

Really appreciate your help if I could buy you a pint I would :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts