Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I did search for "OBD" before posting but did not get any links.

86 miles after i bought this car a multifunction Check light has come on, so i need to know

Does the Accent have OBD?

How does OBD differ from OBD11?

Where is the connector?

What does the connector look like?

Thanks.
George

·
Registered
669 Posts
Read about the basics of the system here:
OBD-II - On-Board Diagnostic System

Be sure to register for FREE access to the Hyundai on-line Shop Manuals. See Sticky.
There is plenty of Hyundai-specific info on there.

I've attached a pic of the dash location showing the "data link" connector. (This pic is on a LHD car.) You don't have to take the dash apart, just feel under the lip of the crash pad for the connector hanging down.

The second pic is the pinout of the connector. This is an industry standard and any OBD scanner will plug into it.

Get the trouble codes scanned and do some preliminary research.
Still no joy, post back what you have discovered.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI
thanks guys.

I can not join Hyundai on-line Shop Manuals cos I am a Firefox user. I found a MS based PC but could not access the T&C pop up so could not complete enrolment

I suspect OBD has only been required in EU since 2002, I still dont know the difference between OBDII and the original. I plan to buy a cheap code scanner to see what info I get.

George

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
no luck with the manual yet.

I bought a code reader and cleared my fault. I THOUGHT I would remember the code so did not write it down. I was wrong!:(

George

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
The Hyundais site is no longer free and won't work with Win 7 64 bit and above anyway. Hyundai screwed the pooch here.

On my '08 Accent it is behind the instrument panel fuse box cover.

I would always clear the code first and see if it comes back. Many are just one time hicups. If it is a serious concern it will come right back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts