Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an OBD scanner to get Air Bag fault codes and (if possible) to reset them. What are my options?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't think any generic OBD-II scanner will read airbag codes, only engine and transmission. I think you would need either a scan tool with "enhanced diagnostics" for Hyundai, and I haven't seen mention of any other than the official Hyundai GDS unit. Likely fairly expensive if you did find one.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Rob is correct. An OBDII scanner can only communicate with the PCM and not with any other modules in the car. You would need either dealer equipment or very pricey aftermarket (SnapOn) that is out of the reach of the average owner.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Ill try my personal tool tomorrow. I think it can access SRS but not sure about air bag.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Autotel 619.
Autotel 619.
I got Autel 619 but I can not get to SRS/Air Bag module codes with it. There is only 2011 Sonata in choice list, which maybe the reason I have no luck with it. I can however get access to Engine, Transmission and ABS modules to get codes.
I am contacting Autel to see if they can help me out, but I doubt they will be able to help.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Sometimes you to select each module individually that it sees and scroll through the different settings. It is not the most friendly scanner out there, it has worked well on vehicles 2009 and older that I have worked on.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Ill try my personal tool tomorrow. I think it can access SRS but not sure about air bag.
Supplemental Restraint System is indeed the "Airbag" system..

Anytime car come in here with airbag light on, I write "SRS warning illuminated when received" on the ticket..

·
Registered
364 Posts
Autotel 619. Got it a couple of months back.
It helped me to diagnose the SRS issue. I replaced the clock spring at the wheel, and the tool allowed me to clear the codes.
Very helpful and good investment. Paid about $110 shipping included.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts