Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Hyundai Tucson GLS that is showing an error code of P0159 which states it is Bank 2 Sensor 2. Is this the sensor that is located downstream of the catalytic converter? I am confused because autozone's diagram does not show a Bank 2 Sensor 2 sensor, it has the downstream sensor labeled as Bank 1 Sensor 3. I have attached their diagram. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
That is because autozone pic is not a Hyundai correct picture.

The exhaust manifold is the catalyst, so the sensor on the outlet side manifold there at front fron pipe flange is sensor 2.

Bank 2 is the left side (radiator side), sensor 2 is below the cat near the flane for the front pipe..

Before you drop the $$$ on the ox sensor, try the #153 Ox update program for the PCM, and see if any hidden data in the program takes care of the initial 0130/0150 and bottom sensor logic... at least you be up to date..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info!! This raises another question for me though......how do I update the program? Is that something that needs to be done at the dealer?

Thanks again,
Matt

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (mkasa @ Oct 29 2010, 01:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367310
Thanks for the info!! This raises another question for me though......how do I update the program? Is that something that needs to be done at the dealer?

Thanks again,
Matt
Thats funny... a couple minutes after lunch here, I get Tiburon with MIL -- P-150 code,,,, same TSB for 5 & 6 Tib, Tucson and Santa Fe with 2.7, just different program number for each model.

Program is done by dealer using GDS in the ECU UPRADE mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sensor 2 Bank 2 again

I replaces the O2 sensors and have this issue come back after about 500 miles. The truck (2005 GLS AWD) has 115k miles and will change the spark plugs. I know that they got changed at around 30k by the original owner. Will have to remove the spark plugs as i have no idea what is in there. Could bad plugs cause this issue?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts