Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off just wanted to say hi to everyone.

Ok first issue was a MIL so I bought a scan tool, code was P0102 MAF sensor. So I reset the MIL light to see if it came back on, after half a day it did.
Checked air filter, it was replaced recently when having the oil change done. bought MAF cleaner from discount auto parts and cleaned the unit, reinstalled it and reset the MIL.

So my wife went to start the car the next day to go to work and the car would turn over but it would not catch, sounds like no spark or fuel issue.
So disconnected the battery and left disconnected for 1hr, then reconnected, MIL light was off, was able to start the car and then driving around and the MIL came back with same code.

So I ordered a new MAF sensor (Non OEM part) from Amazon and installed when it turned up, soon as the part was installed and I reconnected the battery the MIL went off.

Car has been hesitating, seeming quite laggy on the acceleration, something is not right and Now MIL back on with a new error code P0325 Knock sensor 1 circuit (Bank 1), So I drove to discount auto parts to buy fuel cleaner, ended up with Sea Foam and poured all 16oz in to the tank and then topped it up to a full tank of gas the next day.

Full tank has not been consumed yet, but car is hesitating still, sounds like it bogs down when accelerating.

Using the Scan tool I can see IGN ADV advancing and retarding the timing varying from 4.0 to 3.5 to -6.5, -5.5 back to 2.5

So I'm right to assume that the knock sensor is functioning correctly. I have ordered another one anyway just in case I need to change it. should be here next week.

What could be the cause of these problems, Bad Gas????

Next thing I'm going to try is replacing spark plugs and leads, and change the knock sensor.

On a side note, other issues have been AC cycling on and off, Left drivers door mirror not adjusting according to the input on the control buttons on the door, but clears up when I select the passenger door mirror and then flick the switch back to drivers, it then adjusts ok then.

Other than these things car has been great.

oh and Car has 74,500 miles and the 2.0L engine

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
so let me get this straight - your car tells you its knock sensor is dead, and you give it seafoam.....am i the only one that sees a problem here?

my dickish nature aside, stop wasting your time and money on cleaners. your car is dragging its ass because the knock sensor is a safety item. the ECU is going into limp mode. without the knock sensor, the ECU doesn't know for sure that the fuel mixture is working correctly and cannot correct for knock. solution is dump all the **** fuel at it that it can. mixture is now rich, and your car runs like ass. yes this will cause damage if not fixed eventually.

lesson to be learned: cleaners like seafoam do not fix broken parts. replacing broken parts fixes broken parts.

·
Registered
147 Posts
hmaservice.com has a pretty thorough troubleshooting guide for P0325. however, you need to select MY 2007 or 2008, since it's been omitted from 2009-2010 (I let them know).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zero gravity
Yes the knock sensor code came before I put sea foam in it.
maybe I should have poured in an octane booster instead? being as I am running on crappy 87 gas.

As far as the knock sensor, it is installed on newer cars to retard or advance timing due to differences in fuel octanes, but yes it does detect detonations that are not normal.

The reason for the sea foam was because of the car not starting and figuring that maybe there was an issue with an injector or something fuel related.
I understand that liquids do not fix parts, but when it comes to anything electrical or electronic a clean Part/connector helps.

Especially when 8 out of 10 times any electrical issues comes from a dirty or poor connection. (do battery terminals ring a bell).

But thanks for your help.

Millstone: Thank you for the info I will register and see what I can determine from the website.

Em-squared: Thank you

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Zero gravity
Yes the knock sensor code came before I put sea foam in it.
maybe I should have poured in an octane booster instead? being as I am running on crappy 87 gas.
or maybe you should stop wasting your time and money on worthless snakeoil and actually fix the problem. maybe. its up to you really.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts