Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

One of the two rear number plate bulbs has stopped working.
I'm struggling to remove the bulb holder from the rear bumper so that I can have a look at the bulb.

I can see two 'tabs' / narrow slots on the holder, could someone point me in the right direction as to how to remove the holder, please?

I can't find any answers through Google. I know Halfords can replace bulbs, but i'd like to do it myself.

Many thanks,

R.

·
Registered
669 Posts
If it is like most Hyundai vehicles, it is just a PITA to get hold of it.

Philips #2 screwdriver and lots of patients and persistence will get you there. The bulbs don't want to come out, either. Just pry, wiggle and pry more - repeat until you get them out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks Ratledge.

Does the actual holder have a 'release' mechanism, is that what the screwdriver and 'tabs' / slots are for?

R.

·
Registered
669 Posts
On my Santa Fe Sport, the light holder was just really tight and the edge (T10) type bulb was even tighter.

On my first attempt at putting LED lights in I quit thinking that I was going to break something. It is just a really tight fit, probably designed to never need replacing.

Those plate lights and the turn signals on my 2008 Azera lasted longer than ten years and 200,000+ miles and I never had one burn out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok Ratledge, it's dark here right now. I'll take another look at it when it's light again.

So I need to start by releasing the lens cover (is that a better description?) from the bumper, just to get my hands on the bulb. This is where i'm stuck with the 'tabs' issue.

Thanks again,

R.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I had to take the Philips head screw completely out and then kind of pry the housing out (on each side). Even with the screw out it was a tight fit.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,095 Posts
i10 number plate lights should just pry out of the bumper. Use a plain screwdriver to push in the tabs at the side of the lamp then lever the lamp out of the bumper. Once the lamp is off, turn the bulb holder a 1/4 turn and withdraw it from the lamp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts