Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone,

I have a 2008 Santa Fe and here is my concern if someone can point me in the right direction as the dealership here can't see me till monday

With the vehicle running and these settings:

Headlights off - i have daytime running lights
Headlights on - i have daytime running lights, no low beams
Headlights Auto - i have no forward lights at all

I checked all the fuses they seem to be good

oh, i also do get high beams

Thanks

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
You said you checked the fuses -- but not the relay. Might be worth swapping LB and HB relays to see if the problem moves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok feeling kind foolish now,

after expecting the worse, i followed the instruction for removing the headlamps and looked at the bulbs, interesting that both bulb were burnt out at the same time but that was the problem, sorry for wasting peoples time, lol

Well keep forgeting that bulbs wear out, only two years old and i had a car where the lights lasted 10 years so i didn't honestly think it was the bulbs

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (turok2005 @ Jul 3 2010, 01:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338564
Ok feeling kind foolish now,

after expecting the worse, i followed the instruction for removing the headlamps and looked at the bulbs, interesting that both bulb were burnt out at the same time but that was the problem, sorry for wasting peoples time, lol

Well keep forgeting that bulbs wear out, only two years old and i had a car where the lights lasted 10 years so i didn't honestly think it was the bulbs
There have been reports in a couple of old threads here about LB bulbs burning out within minutes of each other. You aren't the first to be surprised by this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts