Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I replace my transmission oil, noticed my 2013 Hyundai Sanata GLS is not leveled, my garage floor is leveled, my real is higher then front, I measured from front driver side from button frame to ground, it is about
7- 7/8, on the driver side of real passage the button frame to ground, it is about 7.5, so as on the other side of the car. Also I try put a level on the window aluminum, all four windows area shows tilt to front.

Is that a problem? or design that way? My car is still under warranty, do I need take to the dealer have look at?

so with that, I removed the fill plug first, then I remove the level plug on the transmission case, the fluid immediately came out, then I removed the drain plug, only came out 3.5 QRT, and then I lowered the driver side of the car to ground, and that get another .5 qrt, so total fluid came out 4. the color looks not bad since it is only 26000 miles. i only fill up 3.5 qrt, and to fill it is slow process, took me a while.

My question is do I need fill up the other .5 fluid? since my car is not leveled? I already have the button cover put back.

Thanks

Frank

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Your car is level...you need to run the engine for 15 min and then top it off until it dribbles from the level opening.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you sure? I had engine ran for 15min, and dripping. so my car was overfilling .5 qrt from factory?

Thanks

Frank

·
Registered
413 Posts
are you sure? I had engine ran for 15min, and dripping. so my car was overfilling .5 qrt from factory?

Thanks

Frank
When I did mine, I measured what I drained out and it was ~3.5 quarts which is LOW from the factory. Not good but it is what it is.

When I followed the OEM shop manual of how to do this, I poured (very slowly through the top port) about 5.75 quarts. I then got the fluid warm putting it through the gears and opened the middle "dribble port" as per the OEM directions. When I got a very slow trickle out (which was almost immediately), I knew it was correctly full (car was not totally level as it was on ramps). This was likely just over 5.5 quarts. So, I highly suggest you (and others) follow what the OEM shop manual says to do it.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Yesterday, I replace my transmission oil, noticed my 2013 Hyundai Sanata GLS is not leveled, my garage floor is leveled, my real is higher then front, I measured from front driver side from button frame to ground, it is about
7- 7/8, on the driver side of real passage the button frame to ground, it is about 7.5, so as on the other side of the car. Also I try put a level on the window aluminum, all four windows area shows tilt to front.
Frank
Frank,it does not have to be perfectly level.If it is close,I would not worry about it.I would be more concerned about a proper temperature check for a correct level.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyway, for my piece of mind, I just added another .5 qrt into it, so match what came out. now I am ready to do my 2012 BMW 528i xdrive, has 55000 miles, never changed, but this one need use pump to pump from bottom.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Close is good enough. My garage floor is level enough. Just remember to clean out any added weight in the vehicle. Its best to check ATF level with no dead bodies in the trunk.

·
Registered
413 Posts
BTW: Make sure the engine is running (and in Park w/brake set) when you do the ATF level check. That is part of the OEM procedure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I always find a few spots on the chassis underneath my car and use a torpedo level with a magnet to see if I'm close. It doesn't have to be dead on. Make sure the Temps right for sure, atf expands ALOT when heated, I don't know what it peaks at, but it's beyond the norm operating range, so if you're to hot it'll pump more out of the level check hole, if you're to cold it'll pump less. 122-140F or somewhere around there. Cant recall exact numbers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts