Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABS was on the window invoice when I bought my 2009 Hyundai last January but I wondered today, how do I really know if I have ABS? Obviously I could slam on the brakes from 50+ mph & see if my brakes lock or not but I thought I'd ask first. Is there anyway to look under the hood & tell? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ Apr 27 2010, 08:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317262
This is the hydraulic control unit you are looking for.
Thanks! I looked & there it was. :liebe011: Glad to know I have them & glad I don't have to make a call to the dealer to straighten anything out. I really need to get a maintenance manual so I can figure stuff like this out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Apr 27 2010, 01:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317188
Find gravel. Drive on gravel slowly. Slam on brakes. If you feel a fast pulsation in the brake pedal, you have ABS.
I think I'm going to try it out. No gravel roads nearby but it's supposed to rain this weekend so I'll do a few quick stops in the rain & see how it does. I hope it's better than the ABS on my Ford Ranger! The first panic stop I did in that I coasted about 30 feet farther than I would have expected. From about 30 mph. The harder I pushed the weaker the brakes got. I was doing a full-on leg press & bending the seat backward & it coasted like there was a brick under the pedal. I didn't hit the guy who ran the red light because he saw me & swerved out of the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.