Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i HAD MY I20 AUTO FOR 2 WEEKS NOW. it is good in many ways but have feeling of not sturdy car even when compared to my 10 yrs old nissan micra which i traded in. especially steering wheel is so light and slim it doesn't give me sturdy feeling. Is there a way to make steering wheel bit thick and sturdy?

thankyou
poiu

·
Registered
149 Posts
I dont have that 'not sturdy' feeling on mine but perhaps fit a steering wheel cover to make it feel a bit chunkier? If you do that let me know where you get the cover from please, it seems that the steering wheel on the i20 is slightly smaller than most cars, I cant find one to fit!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have that 'not sturdy' feeling on mine but perhaps fit a steering wheel cover to make it feel a bit chunkier? If you do that let me know where you get the cover from please, it seems that the steering wheel on the i20 is slightly smaller than most cars, I cant find one to fit!
[/quote

i found a leather cover for steering wheel [10 inches] at halfords. [15/- quid].
though it does'nt cover complete circumference it gives me the chunky feeling and better steering confidence.
However if you find any better alternative let me know.

thankyou
poiu

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The leather cover for my steering wheel [i20 comfort] which i bought from halfords is not a replacement for tight fitting leather which i20 style has from factory. when i enquired with dealer, he said only option is for me to replace whole steering wheel which is obviously very expensive. i'm surprised that i cannot have leather steering wheel from hyundai as part of accessories. any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts