1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car seems to be very reliable , but there is one complaint I
have- it isn't very Refined . all Accents I've been driven seem to be
the same not sound proofing , and the gearbox whines slowing down
in second . It isn't severe , but it is annoying.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I cant say much about the gearbox - as I'm unfamiliar with this particular car (have only just bought one myself), but as far as sound proofing goes - the car does get a bit noisy at high speeds.

You can purchase sound proofing sheets - but they are expensive. This will not stop any noise comming from around the windows, but you may be able to reduce the noise from the engine by putting some soundproofing between the floor covering and the front of the footwell area.

Hope this helps a bit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyways, yes the gearboxes on these cars do seem a bit whiny sometimes, but I think on reflection it's just me being hypercritical -- most cars I've driven have some transmission whine.

The car has been excellent for reliability mind you -- three years old and the only fault has been a knackered wheel bearing, and that might have been my fault. I'd buy one again, but as I say the soundproofing is a bit cheap (one of the few cars I've come across that actually sound more noisy on the inside than out!! -- the engine is very quiet at idle from the outside, but the car is rumbly inside).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Folks
I own an 1.6l Accent, and we arevery happy with it,

The gearbox whine came down, when we replaced the stockgearbox oil with Omega 690 synthetic gearbox oil, further the shifting of gears have also becomevery smooth and gating is perfect.

we use Iridium Plugs, K&N Stock Filter, Bridgestone Torenza 195mm width tubeless tyres filled with Nitrogen, gearbox with Omega synthetic oil, engineoil being Castrol Magentic with Omega 909additive, its great to take it on long hauls, and very driveable.

Happy motoring

·
Registered
14 Posts
I heard about filling your tires with Nitrogen (N).

the principle behind it is, when you fill a tire with air you may have noticed that after a period of time some air has escaped out of the tire (that's why you have to refill your tires once in a while eventhough there isn't a leak).

The oxigen molecules can leave the tire threw the microscopic small pores in the fibres of the tire.

Apparently nitrogen doesn't escape because of its bigger molecules, that means that you never have to refill your tires, ever again.

Never done it before, never seen it before, but that is what they teached me when I was in school.

Sorry for the poor english. If you didn't understand my text you can read it on this site.
http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/n...123/tires.shtml

http://www.alltiresupply.com/archives/newp...o-Tire-Sys.html

Greetz Dennis

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
O my life!.......if you started filling your tyres up with nitrogen in this part of the world you would probably get arrested for being a suspected terrorist!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I`m going to try Helium.......perhaps it will reduce my unsprung weight!. LOL

Nick. :wink2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts