Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since purchasing my 2012 Tucson, I have had an ongoing problem where, if I don't drive for ONE day, the car is dead. I am not leaving anything on. It just won't start.
After several attempts to find the problem, I was told that my after-market (done by the dealership) remote starter was the drain. An appointment was made to have the installer replace the remote after I called California.
I left the vehicle in November as scheduled. I picked it up the next day only to learn that they changed my battery, not remote. The service dept. told me that I DO NOT DRIVE ENOUGH to keep my battery charged. They refuse to even check the remote. And again yesterday, it was dead. They are standing by their story.
Has anyone else had a problem with the aftermarket the dealer had installed? I've spoken to the roadside assistance tech, who told me he only sees this in aftermarker installs. I have spoken to mechanics who have told me that they are feeding me a line.
They claim that with the new computers, you must drive a significant distance to keep the battery charged. If this is true, then they are misleading the public when selling vehicles, because this is not disclosed. I'm considering legal action starting today.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
It's nonsense as the battery should be able to start the car if it sits for a month.

You need to do an amp draw test and it takes time and knowledge. Neither of which your installer has it appears.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts