Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2003 Hyundai Elantra for 250$, and it's main issue was that the clutch was slipping and needed to be replaced. Simple enough, seemed like a steal since it ran and could be driven. Since then, I've replaced the master, slave, clutch, gasline, tire rod, and a few other things. It is no longer bleeding or sending any fluid through it, and I'm not sure what the issue is. I would really appreciate some help.

·
Banned
7,038 Posts
Bench bleed the master and get it to pump.

·
Banned
7,038 Posts
If the system will not bleed you need to do the master FIRST. Get the master pumping and bleed the system and see what you have. It may be fine.

·
Banned
7,038 Posts
FWIW....
If any air gets up into the master you must bleed it. You MAY get lucky if you pressure bleed it but it's not a guarantee. Since you likely don't have a pressure bleeder you will never get it to pump without removing and bench bleeding it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been pumping the clutch and then releasing the air which seemed to work, but now it suddenly doesn't. Along with this, we had to need with the clutch peddle itself, and now it gets stuck to the ground sometimes

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
And it's got a little free play? I have had the occasional new cylinder be a little sticky due to the assembly grease. Just try opening the bled nipple and see if fluid drips out. If not it gets back to the master cylinder. Their a very simple centre valve master cylinder an not much goes wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts