Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apologies, tried searching but didn't find anything seemingly related.

Is it normal to always have some of the fan air coming out of the face vents? haven't really noticed this before, maybe it more noticeable because i'm up in DC right now (first time the car has seen temps cold enough to really need heat). car is a '13 elentra limited.

What i've noticed is that no matter what setting i have the fan on, Defrost, feet/defrost, feet, i always have some air coming out of the face vents, about half of what feels normal for the speed 1 setting when set to face. if i have the fan set to speed 4, the air coming from the face vents seems almost as much as setting 1 when set to face.

Normal? not a big deal, just never noticed until this week. didn't know if this was normal.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Yes, I've always noticed not really a draft or wind, but air coming from the vents. I'm sure it has to do with recirculation & fresh air.

On the 2015(?) Genesis it will have a CO2 sensor which will automatically sense then send in fresh air, designed by a HMK engineer who had a long commute he found himself tiring out and after taking readings of the CO2 ratio in the car came up with the idea.

Great ideas from real life experiences.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Is your recirculate button on? My 2012 has this button on the right side of the control module and has a blue light to indicate on. If the blue light is on you should feel no air from the vents.

·
22,793 Posts
I keep my recirculate button on most of the time. Having said that, I will turn it off for about 5 minutes of my 35 minute commute. This allows fresh air to enter the cabin. I do seem to recall reading "somewhere," a forum post or in the owners' manual, that it was recommended to allow fresh air inside the cabin, especially on long trips. For the reason stated above. Makes sense.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I rarely use the recirculate button, only a few minutes in summer to let the AC cool faster the cabin.

·
22,793 Posts
I rarely use the recirculate button, only a few minutes in summer to let the AC cool faster the cabin.
That's the best time to use the recirculate button. Keeps the cold air recirculating inside. No warm air coming in to be cooled. My cabin temp will run you out of there if I leave the A/C on for very long. This car's climate control has got to be the best A/C system I have ever owned.

I keep a small thermometer in one of the vents. I looked down at the gauge one day and it was reading 39F degree air coming out of there.

·
Banned
532 Posts
That's the best time to use the recirculate button. Keeps the cold air recirculating inside. No warm air coming in to be cooled. My cabin temp will run you out of there if I leave the A/C on for very long. This car's climate control has got to be the best A/C system I have ever owned.
I keep a small thermometer in one of the vents. I looked down at the gauge one day and it was reading 39F degree air coming out of there.
:mellow:......That temperature could shrink body parts......:frozen:.

·
22,793 Posts
:mellow:......That temperature could shrink body parts......:frozen:.
No kidding. And lets you know the turkey's are done, too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
To answer the question:

Yes it's normal. It's also affected by the temperature dial.

I always ride with recirculate off. That little bit of air is actually enough for me most of the time and only in the summer do I turn on my air. Even in the winter with windows down I'd switch it to heat and it provided just enough heat to keep me comfortable!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I always ride with recirculate off. That little bit of air is actually enough for me most of the time and only in the summer do I turn on my air.
As do I. And with how humid it is here most of the time in the winter, if I have the recirc on, the interior glass is fogged up faster than you can say 'Constantinople'.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
if I have the recirc on, the interior glass is fogged up faster than you can say 'Constantinople'.
Yes. In very cold temperatures (around -30), with recirc on in the morning you get rewarded in the everning by a windshield frosted with ice from the inside. Believe me you don't want that to happen :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts