Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you have a noisy HVAC fan? Mine squeaks and it's really annoying? Did your dealer honor the warranty repair?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would check your cabin filter and see if a mouse got in there and stored some of his winter food supply !

Seriously, I found 1 dead mouse in my cabin filter, and couple of eaten acorns .

When I removed the cabin filter and stuck my hand into the fan housing I pulled out a couple of acorns.

The mice are getting into the cabin filter via the plastic passage under the windshield in the engine compartment.

See my thread on mouse proofing your 2013 elantra gt.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would check your cabin filter and see if a mouse got in there and stored some of his winter food supply !

Seriously, I found 1 dead mouse in my cabin filter, and couple of eaten acorns .

When I removed the cabin filter and stuck my hand into the fan housing I pulled out a couple of acorns.

The mice are getting into the cabin filter via the plastic passage under the windshield in the engine compartment.

See my thread on mouse proofing your 2013 elantra gt.
I changed my filter 3 times already (I have bad allergies). No mice or other rodents.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Any of you have a noisy HVAC fan? Mine squeaks and it's really annoying? Did your dealer honor the warranty repair?

My fan sometimes made an annoying clicking sound on the two lower HVAC settings. I had it replaced under warranty and it still does it at times. It drives me crazy. I've been able to record the noise on my phone as it's that loud.

I've checked and changed the filter. The only thing I haven't done is blow compressed air in the filter slot.

Go to the dealer when you're able to duplicate the sound.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a blower motor replaced under warranty. No issues since with that noise. However sometimes when I start the car I get it started and a winding/whining noise happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can examine your noisy HVAC fan. For this remove the outside casing and you will notice the HVAC fan located in front of the coils. Remove the dust and debris from the unit and check the fan blades for dents. Dirty fan often causes noise. You can also consult a technician and get more helpful hints from him.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i might be lucky. my hearing sucks. cant hear squeaking, ticking, mad neighbor, mad wife. and i get paid for it, too

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,827 Posts
Mine ticks on the lower speeds 2 and 3 I believe. I agree, it is VERY annoying!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check this site for a possible repair solution: drive2.ru/l/7212174/
Although it's russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts