Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all can i ask i am having problems with my 2006 santa fe when i put the car into 4 wheel drive i have noise/ jerky /uneven drive but when i take it out the car runs fine no noise no jerky gear changes i only found this out as winter has arrived I needed to use it in the snow have seen comments about the transfer case. leaks / low oil ect can any one point me in the right direction many thanks :|

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have an 06 Limited and my 4WD is automatic. It does come rather abruptly when it does engage as it has to sense wheel slip of the front wheels. If you have never changed the transfer case fluid, I recommend doing so. You'll need a 10 MM allen to get the plug out. If you pull it out and put a finger in the hole and don't feel anything then it is low or empty. There will probably be a mess underneath if you had a leak though. "Manual" 4wd on dry pavement will be jerky and drive rough.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How do you put it in and take it out of 4 wheel drive? That's not possible on the Santa Fe. What motor do you have? There are 2 different 4x4 systems and both are fully automatic. What country are you in? Are you sure you have a Santa Fe?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi i am in the uk and yes i push a button inbetween the front seat heaters buttons in the center console where i can change from 2 wheel to 4 wheel i have a 2006 mk2 santa fe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi i am in the uk and yes i push a button inbetween the front seat heaters buttons in the center console where i can change from 2 wheel to 4 wheel i have a 2006 mk2 santa fe
Yeah that explains it. Most of us are from the USA and that is not how our models work. Your best bet is to take it to a trusted garage. You probably have something going bad in the rear differential.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Rear diff is also super easy to drain and fill. Could be the rubber bushing in the drive shaft assy. It is replaceable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts