Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a '06 sonata 3.3 v6. Let me first describe what was happening to the car before the noise started. When I first started the car and put the ac, the first time turning the steering wheel in either direction the steering wheel would tighten up and the battery indicator light would come on and the fasten seatbelt light would flash even though I had the belt fastened. It would only happen the first time I would make a turn and after that I could turn with no problem. So in recap, it would only happen on the first turn and only when the ac was on. Now when I start the car up there is a noise coming form the pulley/belt area. I wouldn't classify it as a squeaking noise more like a grinding. I've looked at the belt and it seems to be fine. After I start to drive the car the noise goes away. If I start the car again after a drive within about 2 hours the noise doesn't happen when I start it. Any ideas of what this noise could be? and also could the noise and the steering wheel tightening when the ac is on be connected? Thanks for any help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts