Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing some noise that sounds like some play in a coupling when I driving over uneven road surfaces . I can actually feel the little "knock" on the steering so I suspect there is some play somewhere in the steering system. It does not happen all the time but when it happens it is when there is a differential movement of the front wheels i.e. one wheel going through a dip and the other not etc. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Jun 23 2010, 09:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335693
My Limited does not do that. Have it checked out.
My problem is that the conditions for it to happen are still a bit vague so I will have to find the conditions to replicate it 100% before taking it in. I suspect some play in the steering box - it is a rack an pinion is it not?

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (RamKat @ Jun 23 2010, 06:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335657
I am experiencing some noise that sounds like some play in a coupling when I driving over uneven road surfaces . I can actually feel the little "knock" on the steering so I suspect there is some play somewhere in the steering system. It does not happen all the time but when it happens it is when there is a differential movement of the front wheels i.e. one wheel going through a dip and the other not etc. Anyone else experiencing this?
I can feel the same thing when I hit big bumps like rail tracks or uneven pavement. It feels like there is something loose in the steering. I am monitoring it and if it gets worse I will take it in for the dealer to look at.

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (RamKat @ Jun 23 2010, 06:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335657
Yes, I have the same noise. Concerning because my previous (Volvo) made this noise after 125K ;-)

It's oddly comforting they "all do that" since i'm sure that's what the dealer will tell me.

·
Banned
630 Posts
mine does it....actually the 07 azera i test drove did it (when it was brand new), the 2009 sonata v6 that i drove did it (with 40k) but the genesis sedan didn't....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.