Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this noise I hear when I put trans into reverse coming from either the rear passenger side door or the shelf area, can't pin it down. Sounds like something winding up???? Will have to get someone to shift for me while I try to track it where its coming from. Anyone have any ideas? 2010 Sonata 2.4L 271k

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you be more specific with the winding up noise... like a click-click-click noise or whirring?
It's coming from the locking mechanism in the rear right door. Trying to get the inside door panel off to see if I can lubricate something???? Winding noise it the only term I could come up with.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i get something similar, but only when i accelerate from a stop.

i describe it as a creak like interior plastic panels rubbing against each other. I haven't been able to isolate it but I think it's in my rear doors as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I also have some kinda noise. The mechanic said, it is the rear seat's mechanism, which doesn't lock well to the plastic/metal back part. I"ll put some stuff ( similar to that mouse pad used for PC-s ) behind it tomorrow to test. It is very annoying...
Will post some pictures with the result - of course in that case, if it works!
If not, than I'll unpack the whole rear part of the car to fix the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts