Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! 2017 Elantra here!

So I’ve been experiencing what sounds like a ticking noise from the rear over bumps and uneven surfaces.

I had the suspension inspected and was told all was fine. Proceeded by emptying the car out to see if it was something I put in there but the noise is still there.

Almost sounds metallic, hard to pin point however I know for sure it’s in the back right.

Is there anything I can do or test before bringing it to the dealer..it’s quite a hassle for them to have my car over something so small but annoying.

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm sure you have, but just to be thorough... Be sure to check in the rear door bin, as well as under the trunk carpeting. All it'll take is one little screw or something haha. Also, be sure to check the rear suspension area for any rocks that may of gotten stuck. We get that all the time in the mazda's we get in with the same issue. Hard to find on the ground, much easier when above your head on a lift.

·
Registered
845 Posts
If you have a friend or partner who can drive the car with you in the back seat, it might be easier for you to pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

Reactions: Tooch2422

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I believe that I have the same problem and I think that I found source of that noise. When I push up or pull down that handle over door noise stops. Still didn't find the way how to fix this, seems that something is under handle.

Sorry on bad english.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts