Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 SF 3.5L. Last few days while I am backing into a parking spot there is a clink type noise that happens as soon as the car comes to a stop. Also happens in drive as I am coming to a stop. Sounds like someone is throwing a coin into a glass. That is what it sounds like. Sounds like it is coming from under the car. Weird as it just started.

Just wondering if anyone else has something similar.

it is going to the dealer on Monday....

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
So it's both backwards and forwards? If only backwards, I'd look to the self-adjusters on the rear brakes, but if it's happening both ways...

Still sounds like a brake issue of some sort. Makes me wonder if one of the pads gets cocked during braking and won't seat properly until the rotor stops or some other crazy thing like that. Guess you'll find out when they get to taking those bits apart to look at them.

Will be interesting to see what this one turns out to be.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mechanics heard the noise and now it only happens occasionally. The brake system is fine and they said that it could just be an occasional thing that happens. I will monitor it and see what happens

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
While it may turn out to be innocuous, it's an abnormal noise, and they should be able to identify where it's coming from. Is the fact that it happens less often anything to do with any service performed, or is it just lessening in frequency on its own?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts