Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming up to 400 miles on the new car, and touch wood, all is well.
I have just returned from abroad after a fortnight, so the car has been sat in a compound at the airport, but the first longish motorway trip was great, and the fuel consumption is I think looking good.
I filled to the brim before leaving, and have done 307 miles since, mostly motorway and a few local trips, and it's just under half full, I will fill up at the same pump shortly and get a more accurate figure.
I can't believe the horn on the car though, it's a joke, like a Noddy car horn, anyone else think the same.?
I knicked the leather gear knob from my wifes Amica CDX, and gave her mine. :grin: No trouble fitting it, simply screws on in minutes, well she has a leather steering wheel and handbrake, so I demanded the gear knob, and it is so much nicer to handle.
I also find the steering wheel very thin, and prefer a cover on, but had read on here somewhere that the i20's wheel is a touch smaller than normal.
So I tried one and it was a bit slack, so an easy remedy if you intend to fit one is to get hold of some sticky backed foam sheet, about 3mm thick and cut a few strips and lay it inside, it works a treat.
I did it this morning and it now fits well, and feels so much better.
Happy motoring to you all.
S.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
there is something about hyundai and horns, it seems that they think at the factory that horns should not be loud.....everyone moans about them no matter what model they have. all you can do is replace your horn with an aftermarket one, there are loads to choose from and its an easy job to do

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I probably will do that eventually. I think in India, they constantly sound the horn, hence the reason why they make them quieter than normal.
Cheers S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts