Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
That being said I asked about if removing that o ring would cause any problems and I was kind of told that wasn't good to do. File it down some might make it uneven.
Test the crank sensor when it's cold. I have no idea why you think the O ring has anything to do with the problem. What about a cold compression test. I know I might be going over old stuff but it's a big post now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Was told the o ring possibly expanding causing no reading to ecm to start. It only does this when temp drops cold 0 degrees. It wont start unless I heat the sensor up. For 2 days now the temp has been below 0 degrees and i have had to put a blow drier on it to start.

·
Registered
218 Posts
A couple of thoughts on this.
A hair dryer warming the CPS blows warm air all around that area and perhaps you are warming something else. I would take a kettle full of hot water out to the car and pour the not water onto just the sensor, maybe using a small piece of hose. Does the car then start?. A very hot wet rag wrapped around the sensor would do the same thing.

You have changed the CPS and had the same results. Maybe it's the connector. You could try to warm only the electrical connector. These parts are available at many auto parts stores.

When cranking the engine over in a non start condition, does the tachometer indicate any engine rotation?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
There's nothing in an O ring that can have any effect. I agree with Elvis if your confident the crank sensor is working when cold you need to check the plug and wiring.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts