Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and need help. I have searched around and found many similar cases but am not confident enough to actually take any drastic steps without an opinion on my case in particular. I have a 2008 Hyundai Accent GLS and am installing a new JVC KDR330 head unit. I purchased the 70-1004 Metra connector and have crimped the wires to the harness that came with the head unit. The speaker wires are pretty self explanitory but I am having trouble getting sound to play through the speakers. I have heard that my problem is in my amp connection (other threads) but cannot find anything wrong. Can you guys take a look at my setup and see what I am doing wrong?

Here is the wiring diagram for my car:

Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red
Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Green
Radio Ground Wire: Black or Gray/Black
Radio Illumination Wire: Yellow
Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink
Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Blue
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green

Here is the wiring diagram for my head unit:

Blue/White: Antenna
Orange: Illumination
Brown: Telephone
Yellow: Battery
Red: Ignition
Black: Ground
White and white/black: Front speaker left
Gray and gray/black: Front speaker right
Green and green/black: Rear speaker left
Purple and purple/black: Rear speaker right

I have connected the colors together basically. Including putting the blues together in a clump of three. It seems that my connector for my car is using 2 pins that are not being used by my Metra harness and maybe this is my issue?
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have not already found the answer, you need to connect the Blue - Power Antenna and the Blue - Amplifier Turn on wires to the Power Control / Antenna Control wire on the head unit. At least that is what it was called on the Kenwood head unit I just installed. The wire was Blue/White.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the same issue with my Hyundai iX-25 2015 and honestly I tried multiple methods but still can't fix it. So I got it replaced with a new aftermarket Android PST1025H head unit. Now it works perfectly without any problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the same issue with my Hyundai iX-25 2015 and honestly I tried multiple methods but still can't fix it. So I got it replaced with a new aftermarket Android PST1025H head unit. Now it works perfectly without any problems.
Is it from XTRONS? any good? i have been looking for a new radio for my IX-25, XTRONS seems to be the best choice. Still having some questions waiting for xtrons customer service to confirm before i place the order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts