Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have an 02 accent with 1.6 that has no reverse and throws P0732 and P0734. How to repair? Thank you.:confused:

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
this is not a simple problem to diagnose unfortunately. this would be one of the few times i would recommend seeing a good transmission shop about. no reverse and your codes indicate incorrect ratios on 2nd and 4th gears...there is a few items that can cause this. i'd like to rule out shift solenoid since this is occuring on more than one gear - 3 in fact. may have to do with the kickdown assembly...meaning it will need a rebuild if so.

check the simple thing first - the trans oil level. see if it looks good cold, if so get it hot and then check again. hot is the only way to get a truly accurate level reading, but do check cold first to ensure you're not running it dry warming it up.

look up your DTC's on www.hmaservice.com. you will find far more detailed info there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i first start car it goes from 1st to 3rd ,After 10 min or so im stuck in 1st. Would the pulse generators be a partial cause and how to test them. Cant find any where info on the P0732 cause and fix, only the P0734.:confused:

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Cant find any where info on the P0732 cause and fix, only the P0734.:confused:
Let me google that for you

all the info you need can be found on www.hmaservice.com.

diagnosing a problem such as this is not going to be simple, there are multiple causes that must be crossed off as a possibility one by one. this is a step by step diagnosis that requires a little experience. i can't say what it is without getting my hands on the car and going through these items one by one. nobody can.

start with obvious. check the oil like i already said.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2nd gear slip and 4th gear slip codes.... you got some clutch assemblies slipping in some fashion or other

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As happened before needing help with Elantra, Hmasevice I cant read their privacy notes so could never open an account.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts