Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Hyundai Sonata 3.3 LX 108,000 miles. wont go into reverse. The shifter will go through the gears fine i.e., park through drive . the reverse will show up in the display. it feels like it is going into gear and the rpm's will drop slightly, but the car will just sit there like it is in neutral. Put a code reader on it-no problem codes (goes into drive, has first and second for sure) One right white reverse tail light burnt out-replaced, but still wont light. Don't know if that is related or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2006 Hyundai Sonata 3.3 LX 108,000 miles. wont go into reverse. The shifter will go through the gears fine i.e., park through drive . the reverse will show up in the display. it feels like it is going into gear and the rpm's will drop slightly, but the car will just sit there like it is in neutral.Can go in drive-drove it the six blocks to the local auto store for code reader-no problem codes (goes into drive, has first and second for sure) One right white reverse tail light burnt out-replaced, but still wont light. Don't know if that is related or not. had the stoplight/brake light switch recall done. Fluid changed at 90 k and looks clean and at a good level.Checked all the fuses,ok. I could only find two posts about this and they were exactly about this model and year with no resolution posted in thread-PLEASE HELP-this is our only car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the upshot is that as soon this was out of warranty the tranny crapped out. I had to replace it (used) 1127 dollars installed plus another $400 for 9 days car rental (New years week) When I gave up for help from the forums and decide it had to go to the shop the tranny light came on, it would go only in first. Saw two other posts , both were for the 2006 3.3 liter LX same problem. Anyone else? is this specific to the 2006? Anyone.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have run into this same problem to the T. Im debating on whether to swap with junk yard tx, rebuild or roll the dice and take it apart hoping to strike gold. 2006 3.3 Sonata

1 - 4 of 4 Posts