Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there

Just looking for some next steps on resolving a no brake light issue. I changed brake switch impulsively but no power still. Should my next step be to test the lamp relay for resistance? Rear running lights have a different filament and they work and both fuses have continuity.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Make sure we have source voltage to switch first,, jump terminals in switch and test at rear for source voltage at sockets,, ground also at sockets

Could we just have something as simple as "open circuit of bulb filaments"....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for reply. Im not very tech savy so i apolgize for my ignorance but when i engaged brake, and tested bulb socket, there was no 12v reading. The harness that connects to brake switch should be tested then right? I havent done that yet. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Hey thanks for reply. Im not very tech savy so i apolgize for my ignorance but when i engaged brake, and tested bulb socket, there was no 12v reading. The harness that connects to brake switch should be tested then right? I havent done that yet. Thanks again.
Did you check Fuse#14(10 Amp)?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for help. I didn't see STOP LAMP fuse when I was looking , and it was definitely open. Changed it with another good one and brake lights work. . Love this forum!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Interesting that the forum's Hyundai tech completely disregarded the fuse.
That's why these simple jobs often cost a fortune at the $tealership.
I go for the stop light switch first, out in open, as opposed to my old eyes trying to look inside dash via hole, beside my 2 fat hand trying to reach in with DVOM probe to test fuse legs. then I can use my custom made jumper to simulate stop light switch application of voltage remainder of circuit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts