Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Santa Fe HTRAC 2.5 T
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2023 Santa Fe 2.5T HTRAC Calligraphy ,build Aug/10/22 ,with only 1580 miles lost power while driving at 45mph. RPM would go up to ~3000 but no acceleration.
Had to " tippy toe " the gas pedal to slowly get to accelerate to 45-50 mph.
No warning lights ,no codes of any kind , 0 DTC's
After parking the car and engine off , all was normal when starting the car 3 hours
later ? All comments welcome ! This happened today on Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Oh man; this is the SECOND 2023 Santa Fe I hear having the supposedly fixed DCT-8 transmission issue. May I ask what's your build date? And is it a Limited or Calligraphy? It's on the door label at the bottom of the 'B' pillar (you'll see it when opening your door; it's a black label, and build date is at the top left or right corner. The recall for the tranny has a build-date limit of 03/31/22 FYI, but I'm sure newer 2022 SFs (like mine) are potentially affected too)... until build dates of SEP '22, according to Kia. But 2023s are not supposed to have it anymore (unless build prior to Sep '22, I guess). Another important factor is the affected SFs appear to all be AWD (like yours), but I'm not 100% sure, as some folks haven't stated if it was FWD or AWD. Finally, it's really weird you didn't have any codes. Did you check at MyHyundai??? Go there, and check, because you should get any code thrown for the first 3 years (BlueLink). Please keep us posted, but your SF is not safe to travel on, brother.

Reactions: yahoooeu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the reply, build date for the SF Calligraphy HTRAC 2.5T is Aug/10/22 .
I looked at My Hyundai and it says O DTC's !
Me thinks they are looking for a cheap software fix that has not worked so far ?
Not save to travel ?? ...it's the ONLY car I have.
Appreciate Your reply , Siggy

·
Registered
974 Posts
Last COMM from HMA to dealers Nov 4 2022

Affected Vehicles:
 Certain 2021-2022MY Hyundai Santa Fe vehicles produced between 11/20/2020 – 05/03/2022 by Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (“HMMA”) for sale in the U.S. Market

 Certain 2022MY Hyundai Santa Cruz vehicles produced between 06/22/2021 – 05/13/2022 by Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (“HMMA”) for sale in the U.S. Market

 Certain 2021-22MY Hyundai Sonata vehicles produced between 11/24/2020 – 03/31/2022 by Hyundai Motor Company (“HMC”) and Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (“HMMA”) for sale in the U.S. Market

 Certain 2022MY Hyundai Elantra N vehicles produced between 09/15/2021 – 04/08/2022 by Hyundai Motor Company (“HMC”) for sale in the U.S. Market

 Certain 2021-22MY Hyundai Veloster N vehicles produced between 08/28/2020 – 05/13/2022 by Hyundai Motor Company (“HMC”) for sale in the U.S. Market

 Certain 2022MY Hyundai Kona N produced between 10/05/2021 – 05/04/2022 by Hyundai Motor Company (“HMC”) for sale in the U.S. Market

Guess our Canadian neighbors to north will have to sit back and wait on Hyundai Canada to see if they follow suit, kinda like Canada had Smartstream ECT sensor leak recall maybe 2 month before USA publish recall, to which I already had 1 with leak, and back ourder for sensor and ring, Hyundai dont sell ring

To check vehicle specific recall applicability, access the “Vehicle Information” screen via WebDCS.
**** Let me know if you want me to run VIN, USA only, and last 8 character is all I need

For this recall, please note that there are some new vehicles currently in dealer stock.

Remedy Information: The remedy is currently under development and additional information will be provided once it has been developed for release.

Training recommendations will also be made available when the remedy is ready

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Not save to travel ?? ...it's the ONLY car I have.
Up to you if you want to risk it, but your case is different than mine, where I don't know if my SF has the issue or not; you already know you have it, so it's just a matter of time when it strikes you again. And in most cases I've read where it didn't leave owners stranded the first time (most of them), they couldn't get it in gear the second time. Call your dealer and get a loaner if you need to travel, especially with family. Unfortunately, you just proved no SF is safe before September production. Good luck, and please keep us posted.

Certain 2021-2022MY Hyundai Santa Fe vehicles produced between 11/20/2020 – 05/03/2022 by Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (“HMMA”) for sale in the U.S. Market
There goes mine (04/09/22); I freaking knew it. Damn! Oh well. By the way, what is that? Affected by the recall (which said up to 03/31/22), meaning no limp mode programming after all? Or potentially affected by a bad oil pump, which was my suspicion? Or both? Ha ha. By the way, just downloaded the new nav software update, and no recalls or anything else on MyHyundai page. Hey, is there a way to find out if afftected SFs are FWD or AWD? I have the suspicion it's only AWDs, but maybe not. So far all the ones who specified were AWDs. So far no issues with mine, but will continue following this thread for further developments. Finally, do you happen to have a .pdf of that communication? It'd be awesome, to have solid proof my SF is also affected (of whatever it is. Ha ha), in case I need it. Thank you.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV Phantom Black Pearl
720 Posts
My 2023 Santa Fe 2.5T HTRAC Calligraphy ,build Aug/10/22 ,with only 1580 miles lost power while driving at 45mph. RPM would go up to ~3000 but no acceleration.
Had to " tippy toe " the gas pedal to slowly get to accelerate to 45-50 mph.
No warning lights ,no codes of any kind , 0 DTC's
After parking the car and engine off , all was normal when starting the car 3 hours
later ? All comments welcome ! This happened today on Thanksgiving.
Had you recently filled up? Overfilling the tank can cause some issues, or cap not being replaced properly (seal). When you do fill up, make sure you only fill to the 'click' as it can backup into the EVAP system and cause an issue, which may clear over a couple of hours (can also do other further damage).
While it's strange that you can't top-off the car, on a new Jag I got a while back (X-Type) it had a strange nozzle that you literally battled to fill and had to hold the filler hose at a certain angle. There are definitely some weird ones that come up.

Hopefully the problem you've had goes away if no codes thrown and you don't see it again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had you recently filled up? Overfilling the tank can cause some issues, or cap not being replaced properly (seal). When you do fill up, make sure you only fill to the 'click' as it can backup into the EVAP system and cause an issue, which may clear over a couple of hours (can also do other further damage).
While it's strange that you can't top-off the car, on a new Jag I got a while back (X-Type) it had a strange nozzle that you literally battled to fill and had to hold the filler hose at a certain angle. There are definitely some weird ones that come up.

Hopefully the problem you've had goes away if no codes thrown and you don't see it again.
I had filled up days earlier with NO top off , I had only about 1/2 a tank full.
Siggy

·
Registered
954 Posts
Get dealer to scan for pending trouble codes.
Warranty should cover this.
If the vehicle's dash is not rendering any lights or codes and the engine itself is running fine, then why should the OP schedule a dealership scan? Do these scans uncover / reveal problems that do not visibly reveal themselves in days prior?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the vehicle's dash is not rendering any lights or codes and the engine itself is running fine, then why should the OP schedule a dealership scan? Do these scans uncover / reveal problems that do not visibly reveal themselves in days prior?
You are correct , I called Hyundai Customer service to establish a Case #
Then called the dealer service dept. ...........leave a message , we call you back. It is Black Friday today.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
There's not going to be an engine CEL, because it's NOT the engine, but it's still going to be a 'P' code, since the tranny is part of the Powertrain. Anyway, it's the transmission releasing the clutches, so no power to the wheels. And it's not the first time I read of no codes, so not unexpected. But it's a much harder battle with a dealer with no codes. Having said that, the other 2 cases which I read about having an initial episode with no codes, the second time it happened shortly thereafter, and got stranded, and with codes the 2nd time around. It's probably what's going to happen to the OP, unfortunately. But we'll see.

Reactions: siggyd
1 - 12 of 12 Posts