Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I try to fix my steering wheel coupler i think I put it back all the plug where they supposed to. But when I turn on my ignition for some reason all power is gone . Now I can't even see any light on my dashboard ( sorry for my English if i made a grammar errors ) please help

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,695 Posts
No lights on the dash at all?
Is there no door ajar warning light when you open the doors?
Is the interior (dome) light working? Do the 4 way hazard warning lights work?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The interior light, door ajar warning and the hazard lights are all supplied with power directly from the battery. Those circuits are not connected to the ignition switch.

Did you have the battery disconnected while the steering coupler was being repaired? Have you checked that the battery terminals are fitted properly and are tight?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes . Before I start working on steering wheel coupler i disconnect negative battery . And than I try to jump my car because battery was dead . When I start jumping the battery dashboard light was on until I turn the ignition on. Car make funny noise and all the power gone .

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Was the battery dead before you started the work? If not it can't really be dead now. The battery can't be drained of power when it is not connected to anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Battery was dead but it has enough power to turn dashboard light on . Now even with the jumper no dasaboard light at all.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Battery was dead
Well, I think the first step should be to fully recharge the battery. Diagnosing electrical issues is hard enough without adding another variable into the mix.

Koray said:
Now even with the jumper no dasaboard light at all.
Sounds like one of the main power or ground connections is loose or disconnected. Some simple voltage measurements should be all that's required to figure out where the problem lies. I assume you own a multimeter/DVOM?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I have one multimeter . I was thinking maybe one of the blowing fuse can cause the issue one of my friend told me that could be blowing main power fuse .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts