Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my car to the local shop because the dealer wanted $300 to resurface rotors and front pads. The shop said I just needed pads so I had them do it.

I hear this faint whooshing/grinding sound when I brake from low speeds. I took it to another mechanic and the report says

Pads are new, check installation - OK, not unsafe

Brake Rotors have rusted edge, no lube on caliper slides... Causing Noise

Only Cure; Replace pads with premium set, new rotors, lube caliper slides and pads during installation

I talked to the service guy there and he said this won't hurt my calipers but could lead to increased pad wear.

Is the noise and increased wear the only issue or is there something urgent? thanks

btw I had no idea what a caliper slide was until today

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The braking with these new pads are fine the only thing I notice is the added noise. I wish I knew to have them greased... but if there are no effects besides noise I am OK with it. Do you think I can let it go until next pad/rotor change?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all of the posts. I don't think the guide pins are stuck - wouldn't there be symptoms besides noise?

I think I will try and bed the pads in and if that doesn't reduce the noise I will just drive it and replace the rotors if it gets worse

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.