Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody have a solution on how to install front license plate without drilling any holes on the bumper?
Because I would hate to drill any holes to my brand new car.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anybody else have any other solutions on this?
Any pictures will be great too.
Thank you again.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (shong008 @ Aug 28 2010, 04:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352494
Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking about going with this one for sometime, but it is little bit pricey for me.
Do you happened to have a picture with the kit installed? BTW we both have a pearl white sonatas.
Thats a well thought out design. The way that you would likely make that idea cheaper is to go to Home Depot or Lowes and find an L bracket that works.

To me if you want the front plate on, get something proven or risk the ticket. I believe the OEM bracket is 3X.xx

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Aug 28 2010, 10:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352527
Thats a well thought out design. The way that you would likely make that idea cheaper is to go to Home Depot or Lowes and find an L bracket that works.

To me if you want the front plate on, get something proven or risk the ticket. I believe the OEM bracket is 3X.xx
Thank you Bearcats.
I will probably buy something than make it myself. Like you said I want something proven.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
143 Posts
QUOTE (shong008 @ Aug 28 2010, 01:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352572
Thank you Bearcats.
I will probably buy something than make it myself. Like you said I want something proven.
Thanks for your help.
If that doesn't work you can always move to PA or other state that doesn't require a front license plate. :whistling:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed 2 little indentations on the front bumper for screws on mine..don't know if it's there for all Sonata's though. I haven't put the front license plate on my car yet...and probably won't until a cop tells me to!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I never had the option as the dealer drilled holes to mount his plate holder. Sucks plain and simple.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (Bald1 @ Aug 28 2010, 07:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352633
I never had the option as the dealer drilled holes to mount his plate holder. Sucks plain and simple.
I had mine not install it. It was part of my delivery contract. No front plate installed and on dealership stickers. I signed a paper that stated I declined to have the front plate installed as it was a common request.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just drill them in. The front plate will be on for life anyway. Your never not going to need the front plate.

Worst case scenerio, you can fill the holes and paint .

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (chitown1211 @ Aug 30 2010, 02:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353010
Just drill them in. The front plate will be on for life anyway. Your never not going to need the front plate.

Worst case scenerio, you can fill the holes and paint .
What if he want's to move to a non-front license plate state like FL :) He'd be Fudged! (Moving aint cheap).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for all of your replies.
I decided to just drive without one until I get my first ticket because I prefer the look without the front license plate than without one.
Thank you again and if anybody came up with any other solutions please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You would think Hyundai would get a clue about this. Heck, my '03 Honda had the bumper predrilled with reinforcements PLUS came with a pair of color matched plugs to fill the holes if no plate were required where the buyer lived.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Mine does not have the front plate holes.

(Florida does not required front plates.)

However, there are two very small "dimples" where the holes would be (like plgtx described).

I assume that they are guides for someone if the holes need to be drilled.

Front looks perfectly clean this way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts