Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car had heat, but ents would not change position. Changed the blend door acuator figuring that was the issue. Vents still don't change position and there is no heat at all!!!! Help!!!!

·
Registered
12,672 Posts
What heating system are we dealing with? Does it have manual controls with rotary knobs or auto controls with a digital display and buttons?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I adjusted the old acuator. Reinstalled and have heat at least. But still not changing positions

·
Registered
12,672 Posts
I adjusted the old acuator. Reinstalled and have heat at least. But still not changing positions
Are you able to use the control to turn the heat down? Does the actuator move when you operate the control?
Likewise, does the mode actuator work move when you operate the buttons? The mode actuator is the one that directs the air to the different vents.
These actuators have feedback sensor on them that tell the control module what position they are in. If neither of them is working it might be a problem with the feedback circuit power supply or ground which is shared by both actuators.

BTW, your heating system has manual controls. The auto system with the digital display has a self diagnostic function that can show a trouble code on the display. That's not much help to you though, but that's why I was asking about the system.

·
Registered
12,672 Posts
I found some info on the feedback circuit. Connect your voltmeter between terminals 5 & 7 and make sure you have 5V.
The connector on the diagram is shown viewed from the side where the wires enter the connector, so you should back probe the connector when measuring the voltage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can regulate the heat. Thats not a problem. I put the old acuator back on. Its blowing hot air again, but can't switch vents. When i had it off i changed the temperature and it was moving.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts