Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my car has no electrical power inside (lights, radio, car won’t turn on, doors won’t lock, etc) what could be the cause of this? One thing is I have RGB fog lights and they seem to work when I turn them on (connected to battery) and when I press panic on the FOB that tends to work here and there.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
So, my car has no electrical power inside (lights, radio, car won’t turn on, doors won’t lock, etc) what could be the cause of this? One thing is I have RGB fog lights and they seem to work when I turn them on (connected to battery) and when I press panic on the FOB that tends to work here and there.
What model?

Best practices for requesting help:

* If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. Shows up to the left
* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Without specifics about your vehicle, 1) check battery in car to make sure it has not failed, 2) check fuses in engine bay/cabin, 3) check power/grounds in engine bay(many are grounded to a PAINTED surface which is garbage for conductivity).

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,575 Posts
Sounds like the dash fuse for room lamp and power locks and radio is blown.
Check in dash fuses

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Follow negative cable from battery to sheet metal beside battery,, remove that bolt, grind away paint and re-seat lug...

Wanna verify before you do it,,,, DVOM,,,, red lead on positive battery post,,, black lead on negative post,,, have source voltage,,,,,,,, move black lead to metal of engine,, what kind of voltage we have ??

Here is negative cable end bolt that was found to have erroded from high resistance to point it no longer carry power through threads....... see Hyundai thinks the screw threads will carry the electric,,,, but they FAIL to realize that weather seeps in, and threads rust, and that make the connection weak over time..

Attachments

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Follow negative cable from battery to sheet metal beside battery,, remove that bolt, grind away paint and re-seat lug...

Wanna verify before you do it,,,, DVOM,,,, red lead on positive battery post,,, black lead on negative post,,, have source voltage,,,,,,,, move black lead to metal of engine,, what kind of voltage we have ??

Here is negative cable end bolt that was found to have erroded from high resistance to point it no longer carry power through threads....... see Hyundai thinks the screw threads will carry the electric,,,, but they FAIL to realize that weather seeps in, and threads rust, and that make the connection weak over time..

We can't expect engineers to understand such things.
YIKES....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems like Hyundai always likes to take the easy ways out. I’ll check on all these tomorrow after I get off work

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I actualle y keep a length of battery cable that I clamp to negative battery clamp and stud at motor mount (right side of engine bay at engine) to get electric and drive car in from back lot into shop

Got set of jumper cable, clamp one on negative battery post, other end on engine,, see if you have electric and start engine

Reactions: forgeinaz and C4RN1

·
Registered
72 Posts

If you didn’t figure it out already, it’s your “pdm/room” fuse located under the wheel. Just dealt with this when changing a bulb a few months back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts