Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
SD card removal solution worked for me. I have a 2015 Sonata with Canadian firmware. Here’s what I did:

(1) First I moved the car outside the garage so it has access to GPS satellites

(2) Made sure that under Settings -> Clock that the GPS Time is set to ON

(3) Shut off the engine and wait for everything to power off ( lights, radio, etc).

(4) Remove the SD card by pushing it in and pulling it out ( I had to remove the SD slot protective cover first). Wait a few seconds and then push it back in the slot.

(5) Press the start button to turn on the power (no need to start the engine). A message will be displayed saying that the SD card has been inserted and the system will be reset.

(6) Wait for reboot to complete. The clock will still show —:— right after the reboot but wait an additional 30 seconds to a minute for the GPS time to be acquired. Once GPS time is acquired, the dash clock time will also be synced.
THANK YOU! I have a 2018 Santa Fe XL - same clock problem. Tried several of the other solutions above but no luck. I followed your method above exactly as you laid it out - and it worked!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue on my son's 2016 tuscon today. Nothing showing where the clock should be and all clock settings were disabled. Removed sd card and reinserted 2 times while engine running. But dodn't fix it. The removed sd card. Turned off engine. Turned on accessories (not engine). Inserted sd card. Waited. Started car. Clock is now back.

Thanks for the tip! We just got the car back from the shop for faulty blind spot detectors and did not want to bring it in again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I removed the sd card waited 10-20secs, reinserted and let the system reboot. I then toggled the GPS off and back on and the clock was back working. I did this with the engine running through the whole process. Tried it previously with engine off and the problem remained. We have two Hyundai vehicles and both were experiencing the same issue at the same time. Must be GPS related.
Holy smokes this works guys! Follow this step by step guys! No need to go to the dealer.
Tip that after you return the SD card, be patient and let the whole software reboot. It took about 1 minute. Then after it reboots, the left half of the home screen will show that it is loading the navigation. The clock and date showed up after the navigation loaded on it's own. P.S. I followed turning the GPS time on/off. Have a great day guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.

2017 Tuscon AWD. 2 days ago (Aug 17 2019) the time came as Feb 6. Now it just comes up as "--:--". GPS/XM works fine. Removed card several times, update software says "please check the update memory and try again" and repeats when I hit "retry"

Update! - as I was typing that above, I shut the SUV off, pulled the SD card (like the 4th time), say for a couple minutes, installed the card again, turned vehicle on. Loaded up and a couple minutes after startup the date and time came back.

Working fine now. Thanks for all the posts and feedback

·
Registered
81 Posts
Had this issue for the past couple days. Called my bro who is a Hyundai mechanic. Said, with car off, in the fuse panel turn the shipping switch off for 30 seconds, then back on. Did that, fired car up and time and date were back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can confirm that removing SD card with engine running, waiting 60 seconds, plugging SD card back in, and WAITING until nav is done loading fixed my issue on my '15 Sonata. First time I went to fiddle with things after re-inserting the card without waiting and it didn't work.

I started having issues earlier this weekend when it turned my date to sometime in 2036 so Android Auto wouldn't work. Took car off of GPS time, edited date, and moved it back to GPS time and it fixed the Android Auto issue. But this morning neither the date or time would show up and the details on my GPS location were reporting back 1969. Hopefully Hyundai gets whatever problem caused this issue ironed out...pretty messed up that this issue can affect so many models and model years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had this issue for the past couple days. Called my bro who is a Hyundai mechanic. Said, with car off, in the fuse panel turn the shipping switch off for 30 seconds, then back on. Did that, fired car up and time and date were back
Worked great. Of course I pop the hood and looked in the fuse box there. Then pulled the cover under dash. Turned the switch off. I left it off while I did some other stuff. Turned the switch back on and the time reset back to normal. Thanks for this tip. I had tried all the others Nd was about to go down to the dealer to have them look at it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me and my sister both have 2015 Sonata Limited 2.0T models and both clocks went out on same day with the settings grayed out, unable to edit.

HERE IS THE FIX:
1- start the car and go to navigation screen
2- remove the SD card and wait for screen to go black. Keep it removed for about 20 seconds or so.
3- insert SD card and wait for system to restart. Give it about 20 seconds for the clocks to come back up

·
Registered
1 Posts
That just worked for my 2017 Tuscon. I removed the SD card behind the little plastic cover/door, right below the screen, labeled "SD". Waited a little bit and then when I replaced it, it rebooted the system. I went into settings. Selected clock and it went back to the correct time and all the options were now available in that screen. Thanks, guys!
Thank you for the info where SD card is, That worked for me

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took out my ad card for a few seconds, then replaced it and let the system reboot. My clock works again!!
This solution worked for me too! Open SD card cover, remove SD card, wait 30 seconds, reinsert card. System restarted. Went to settings, clock menu, then the clock appeared again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue - it started last night. I tried removing the SD card, while the car was running, waiting 60 seconds, then replacing. It rebooted, but did NOT fix the issue. Tried shutting off the car completely (until headlights go out), then trying again but still no luck. I made sure that GPS Time was enabled.

I then tried a different approach, which fixed the clock. But before I describe, please make note it will completely reinstall all firmware. This takes about an hour and you MUST leave the car running the entire time. This is a bit more risky, so attempt at your own risk. Applying firmware updates has the possibility of going wrong and I cannot be held responsible if something happens. If you are unsure of the process, you maybe better taking your car to the dealer. That said, here are the steps that worked for me:

Go to Setup -> System Info.
View attachment 440757

View attachment 440758

Press Update at the bottom.

It will state that you already have this version installed and ask if you want to re-update. Select Yes.

This process will go through several screens. It will first verify the update, then copy the update, then apply the updates. You will see progress bars and it WILL take a long time. There are 6 updates to apply. You will see 1/6, the 2/6, etc... as they are applying. The system will periodically state that a restart is required. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CAR!!! It will restart on its own.

Be patient. It will take between 45 minutes to an hour to complete the whole process. One of the updates is for the GPS system (4/6 I think).

After it finally finishes 6/6, it will state that the update is complete. STILL DON’T TURN OFF THE CAR. It will restart one more time and at that point come back to the normal screen. For me, my clock was back and working again and was synced with GPS Time.

All systems seemed back to normal, and my bluetooth phone automatically reconnected.

I hope this helps someone else out there!

All. I had the same issue last Saturday. Car (2016 Hyundai Tuscon Ltd) first indicated it was Feb 6, at 2:15 pm; which was really, Aug 17, at 7:30 am. The display then completely disappeared at next engine startup and the Navigation setup showed the date of 12/31/1969!

Yesterday I tried the sequences mentioned... remove/replace SD card with vehicle OFF but no luck. Retried with vehicle running but no luck. So, I mixed it up... had to stop at the grocery store... shut car off and ejected the SD card. In store for approximately 10-15 minutes. Started car and let it run thru the vehicle system check and confirmed the screen when prompted. I then reinserted the SD card and began driving home. It went thru the reset process and actually shut the screen off/on twice. After continuing to drive, the screen finally displayed the time and date! Correctly! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve tried:

Pulling SD card out / Putting it back car on

Pulling SD card out car on / Putting it back car off

Pulling SD card out / Putting it back car off

Turning GPS Clock on and off, all above combinations.

And no luck. It happened recently. Did Hyundai’s software crap out on a large number of their car owners?
This worked for me. Turn car on, pull SD card out. Then turn car on and let everything boot up then put the SD card back in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have no clock time just shows "--:--". In settings the date/time icon is greyed out and I can't access it. I know there's a TSB (5NP-N5K9P-01) out there for this but is there a DIY solution to this. I really am pissed at Hyundai and don't want to deal with them if I don't have to. 2018 Value Edition BTW. Thanks.
I have a 2018 Ioniq hybrid with the same issue... work well before and slowly started to take longer to connect to the GPS... now I have nothing. I rebooted the system also but still nothing. Any fixes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this issue on this past Sunday, 2017 Elantra Limited, tried accessing the clock, the buttons were grayed out and couldn't change the settings. Came home tried ejecting and re-inserting the SD card with the car running several times with no luck. Went through the owners manual and saw that it states to not remove or insert the card with the car running as it could damage the card. Monday I still had no time or date displayed. I decided to try the SD card method a little differently when I got home. First I turned off the engine, then I opened the car door so the unit display would turn off completely. Once the display was off I disengaged the SD card and let the car set for the night. This morning while getting ready to leave for work, before starting the car I engaged the SD card and closed the cover, then started the car. The display unit said "SD card detected" the GPS rebooted and a few moments later the time and date were displayed correctly.

·
Registered
198 Posts
'17 E Limited/Ultimate. Had same no-clock problem that happened suddenly a few days ago.
Fixed by removing SD card with car OFF.
Then started the car and drove for a few miles. At a stoplight I reinserted the SD card and drove on 10-15 more min. System re-booted itself. I did not touch any controls at all during the re-boot. Initially still no clock, but clock reappeared after a few minutes and it's been fine since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I work at a Hyundai dealer and found out how to reset the clock. I made a quick youtube video on the process. Let me know if you have any questions!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have no clock time just shows "--:--". In settings the date/time icon is greyed out and I can't access it. I know there's a TSB (5NP-N5K9P-01) out there for this but is there a DIY solution to this. I really am pissed at Hyundai and don't want to deal with them if I don't have to. 2018 Value Edition BTW. Thanks.
Had the same issue a couple of days ago. Hyundai dealer suggested disconnect negative terminal on battery for 2-5 min then reconnect. IT WORKED!!!

61 - 80 of 104 Posts